Please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 06:45 PM
Default Please help

2007 Saturn Aura XE four-door sedan
Please if it's possible I need your help.

I was reading a post in your forum today and realize that I have the same problem as one of your members. Unfortunately they didn't answer your question properly therefore you kind of blew them off which I thought was not very nice either way hopefully you know what's wrong please realize that this person isn't stupid and neither am I I won't appreciate if you treat me that way also. 'm having exactly the same problem the window (driver doesn't work and will not control the passenger side however the passenger side does work for itself), with my alarm going off, with my door locks going insane! I'm wondering if my car is possessed. I know there's an answer somewhere if you'd be kind enough to have some patience. I can tell you now that none of my gauges in my car are going off I do have a security light in the far left RPMj gauge. It has a picture of a car with a lock. that goes on and off and then the alarm goes off it goes off every time we open the doors for any reason I have to put the key in the on position otherwise it just goes off and goes off it wakes me up. All night long the door locks click and just crazy. Can you please help? thank you

Last edited by karmaintegra45; 10-26-2021 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Adding information regarding vehicle
Old 10-26-2021, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

To which previous thread are you referring? Please paste the URL into this thread so that we may review.

Thanks.

Please understand that diagnosing vehicles over the internet is not a simple task. Can't touch it, I can't see it, can't put a meter on it.

When we ask questions it is for the benefit of the vehicle owner as part of diagnosis. We are all for keeping every Saturn on the road that is possible. But sometimes you give your best advice to people, you ask them questions aimed at narrowing down the possibilities as to the cause of the trouble and for whatever reason, people don't follow the advice they are given. So just as it is their right not to follow our advice, it is also our prerogative to not give any further advice.

I don't get the feeling we will have that issue with you.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:11 AM

While having NEVER looked at an Aura, some of what you describe sounds like a flaky BCM to me. Keep in mind that I'm NOT a professional mechanic. I'm a 65 year old, backyard, shade tree man who's been repairing his own cars for 50 years. The newer cars are a royal pain in the neck to figure out unless you're willing to do the research and purchase some diagnostic tools. I'd try to locate the BCM and check the connector on it for rust or water contamination. Unplugging the connector and plugging it back in several times can help to "sweep" the contacts clean. I'd also use some CRC Electrical Contact Cleaner. You can find it at most auto parts stores and Walmart even sells it in the automotive section. I'm not sure if the BCM controls the alarm system, but it IS part of what controls your door locks. If it's in a place where moisture can get to it, I suspect that's PART of the issues you're having. The window switch sounds more like a broken wire in the harness between the door and the body of the car. I hope this gives you an idea of where to start and what to look at. The BCM MIGHT be located. Passenger front side of the center console

Remove the right lower center console trim panel it should have a big fuse image stamped on it.