2009 Aura Window Fuse keeps popping

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 09:19 PM
Default 2009 Aura Window Fuse keeps popping

Starting today, about every time i use my passenger side power window, the fuse pops. I had thought that maybe the master switch is bad, so i was playing with the passenger switch and it took a while, but it eventually popped as well. The dome light dims when the passenger window is fully closed and that seems to be when it pops. like the motor is trying to close it even though its already closed, causing it to over volt? Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:14 PM

Sounds like a grounding issue. Checkc the harness. Especially in the door jam.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by DropDead
Sounds like a grounding issue. Checkc the harness. Especially in the door jam.
Could it be a bad motor? It seems to always pop when the passanger window gets fully closed, if it was short to ground wouldn't it just pop the fuse when moving up and down?

Old 10-01-2019, 08:31 AM

Do all windows ground through master? For whatever reason the window doesn't want to go down of I use master, however works fine on passanger switch.. until it blows of course

Old 10-09-2019, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

In my experience, you can hold a window switch up and, unless it has an auto up feature, you can hold it in the up position and hear the motor trying to raise the window even higher.
The motors in these cars are cheap and store no position info that I know of. I've always guessed that the motors have an internal shutoff/thermal/current limit switch to open the circuit for fire safety reasons.
Sounds like you are saying that the motor drives the window to the top. If you continue to try to move it up and hold the switch as such, there is a delay but the fuse will eventually blow.

Fuse blowing=higher than rated current being drawn through circuit. My guess is inside the motor itself -- coil is partially shorted, drops resistance, pulls more current. Eventually tries to pull too much and pops fuse.
As for master switch, there is obviously something wrong -- the question is it wiring or at the switch. If you understand electrical circuits, you may be able to rig some wires between the harness and the window switches such that you redirect the wires from the pass front switch to the driver's side ==----WITH ALL OTHER WINDOW SWITCH WIRING not connected. If so, you can see if it works properly from the other switch or has the same issue.

Sorting out the wiring can be fun b c you have multiple current paths to each motor --- master switch and at each window. If one part of the circuit does not behave as designed, it may create a situation where current runs in different directions and along different paths than intended