Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

tinted taillights 12-3-12

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM

octavious the only issue ull have to set up a different plate light thats all the reflector really houses

Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by SilverCoupe#SC2
I did photo shop of how i wanted my tail lights to look. Completely red-out the tail lights then a light smoke to the lens. Then i wanted to wrap them in carbon fiber vinyl for the finishing project. Heres a pic --->>>
It is playing around like this that triggers the imagination! My first thought at seeing this was I wonder what it would look like with the plastic overlay removed completely. But then again I personally lean towards having the Tail Light Facade lit up all the way across the back and with today's use of Liquid Crystal Display options that is not an unreasonable thought. And yes when you do not screw up your paint formulation here in Phoenix causing sever damage to the paint from the heat and the sun, an occasional wipe with a duster is about all it needs.
Mine is Black Gold and when I bought the paint it ended up with a lot of bling added to the formulation. I think when I redo it again I will try to have the bling added because I really liked the way it came out. All I have to do is not screw up the second time AND have the interior re-done too.
Yup, keep sending pictures.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 PM

I was talking with some of the guys on the Saturn SC2 facebook page, and they suggested putting bondo over the gaps in the rear reflector and mold it to the rest of the trunk to make it look like the trunk is one piece. Then sand it down and paint over it with matching body paint. Sound like something that i would do

Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by RjION
I like it .................keep posting pictures boys. Speaking of winter....and Unc will attest to this. My car hardly gets dirty .... and I rarely need to wash it here in the winters of the desert. Oh sure we do need to go after if with the California duster and some spray detailer. Oh and rust....whats that, rotting carpet....never.

The last two S-Cars. OPen the picture then click it again so it opens cleaner.
What kind of tires are those on the red S?? Thats a neat tread pattern

Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM

Yokohama Parada spec II ........... Outstanding tires for about 25K