Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

Fog Light Wiring Diagram Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 08:37 PM

Oh that's a good thought actually, and probably much easier than finding a friend with a lift. The thing that I'm concerned with is looking at the new bumper grille there are about a dozen or so points where the grille has slide-insert clips, and I am wondering if there is a special tool to insert and loosen these, or if you have to get in there and squeeze them together to release.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Default Back from the dead

Originally Posted by Benjamin Norton
I hate resurrecting these old threads, but did your big meat hands figure out an easy way to remove that bumper grille? Can't find any videos or info anywhere about how to get her out without my stupid meat hands harming the bumper. I'm putting in aftermarket, factory style fog lamps and an OEM switch. I've got the switch that goes next to the light dimmer, the fog lamp housings, the h11 harnesses to marry to the bulbs, the bumper grille with fog lamp openings, plenty of wire-solder-heat shrink tube. I just need to know what relay (Duralast part #19264?) and fuse size (25 amp?) to use. Sorry, I know this isn't the precise location for my vehicle, but mine is a 2005 Ion sedan 2 if that helps.
Benjamin, I never got around to repairing the fog lights. Shortly after posting this, the car died and I got rid of it. I'm not sure my experience would help you very much since an S-series is radically different to an Ion. Since they share a common platform, I would suggest looking around Chevy Cobalt repair literature or find someone here that has an Ion for better info for you to work with. Good luck!

Old 10-10-2017, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dave4422
Benjamin, I never got around to repairing the fog lights. Shortly after posting this, the car died and I got rid of it. I'm not sure my experience would help you very much since an S-series is radically different to an Ion. Since they share a common platform, I would suggest looking around Chevy Cobalt repair literature or find someone here that has an Ion for better info for you to work with. Good luck!
Thank you for the reply though, I appreciate you coming back to this thread after all these years.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Indeed I was about to point out S vs Ion will lead you nowhere.
You may also be able to pick up a Chiltons or similar to get the wiring diagrams, though you haven't stated that you are after them.
Just tossing that in.
Might also have the removal procedure for people with meaty hands, though ramps sound like the way to go.

Last edited by derf; 10-12-2017 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:45 PM

Just to kind of wrap this up and leave it to bed, I received my Chilton's manual today so that I have all the diagrams and removal instructions. Ramps are definitely going to happen. I know the S vs Ion are both really different, but there are enough manufacturing similarities I figured there may be a chance for more information, which I did get. So thank you guys again for taking time to respond to this old thread I resurrected. I appreciate you not jumping on my ish for it. <3

Old 10-12-2017, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

We only jump on people who don't realize they are necroposting to an 11 yr old post trying to find out if the OP used Thompson's Water seal but ran out and had to finish with another brand.
You asked a question worded clearly acknowledging why you did.

And holier than thou folks.

And of course each other

Old 07-31-2019, 09:24 AM

Anybody have the wire harness from fogs to distribution box under the hood for the 02 sc1/2 and the dash factory switch panel I'm looking for one kinda hard to come buy?

Old 08-01-2019, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Anybody know where the classified section is on the site?

How f'ing hard is that, really?