Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

clutch problem???? idk??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:53 AM

Page 2
The following search gives information on Stage 1 Grip force clutch AND PRESSURE PLATES, you did not indicate whether you used the factory or the stage 1 pressure plate
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...2l0.1.3.7l11l0
They are apparently problem prone. The pressure plate might be too thin, if that is the case it will not release.
Don't know, don't know what you did.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...ght=grip+force

see OldNuc's post at the bottom regarding clutch not releasing -- maybe?

Old 11-26-2011, 12:40 PM

okay well thanks guys. from what i checked travel on the pedal and fork were good. bit i did use the gripforce plate. i used the hole thing, so maybe that is it, not sure tho, someone broke in my car last night and stole all my audio stuff, andd about 12 dollars worth of change, so now i got that to worry about, ill keep ddigging and get back to you guys

Old 11-27-2011, 11:48 AM

that sucks to hear
good luck
do get back to us

Old 11-27-2011, 04:55 PM

well im back and i got good news, not great news but good. my car is functional again, alls i did was take the slave and master out and beat on it literally, out of frustration, put it back in and it worked, OMG!!!!! dont know why it wouldnt work before, but it works now, but still down cause the cops have no lead on my stolen stuff. oh well it can get replaced i guess

Old 11-27-2011, 08:18 PM

Something might not have been seated right, beating the hell out of it might just have knocked it in place.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:41 AM

DANG!!
Didn't Thunk of that method of repair. A good solid whack is generally reserved for something that is computor controlled.
But then again I number of years ago I bout a 2 1/2 pound hammer just to make sure that when I whacked something it stayed whacked.
Sorry about the rest of the stuff. Been there done that and it's been a long time but I still resent the SOB that helped me visit it.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:11 PM

haha well if it wasnt seated it is now lol, and yea usually when i wack someting it stays wacked to, but this time i wasnt that mad haha

Old 11-28-2011, 06:43 PM

This restored a story from my memory banks from back in the day. I used to know the president of Fasco, a GM subcontractor that supplied parts for GM cars and one year supplied heater motors for the heaters, they would buy the motors, assmeble the squirll cage fan and ship them to GM and ---- Fail the incomming quality control. A new expriance after many years.
So got ahold of the motor guys, they sent a rep down to Fasco and took a look at the operation and said:
Here, this is how you fix it! and took a motor and whacked it on the bench. The shaft was bound up and it would not turn.
A new feature self aligning bearings were being used, it made motor manufacturing less critical. Except you had to whack the dang thing to align the bearings before the shaft would turn.
The moral? Every now and then a good whack is a way to fix things.
Have a good day.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:54 PM

hahaha. well that is a good one i admit, i guess your right a good wack once in awile is good, lol, thanks that made my day, you have a good one to

Quick Reply: clutch problem???? idk??