PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1994 Saturn SW1 needs good home

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 05:24 PM

I sent you a PM so we can take this off the forum. Thanks

Old 03-01-2020, 11:47 AM
Default Still have this car?

Originally Posted by vfowler

This may be a repeat post. I could not find my original post. I have a wonderful 1994 Saturn SW1 Manual that needs a new good home. I have been the only owner since I drove it off the lot in 1994 and have maintained it religiously. It continues to run very well and the body looks fantastic.

Sadly, I need a need a newer car that I can rely on for long trips and I do not want my Saturn to end up in a junkyard or with someone who does not appreciate and love it like I do.

The odometer has been broken for about 10 yrs, but when it broke it had about 166k miles. Since then, I have retired and most of my driving has only been around town. It has been the best car I have ever owned.

I am much more interested in a good home for it than I am in the money. I would be glad to sell it to a loving home for around $250.

Please email me at vfowler@live.unc.edu if you might be interested. I live in NC.

I am posting some recent pics. Thank you!
Vicki
Do you still have this car?
I would definitely be interested in it as i6can fix the odometer easily.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:45 PM

Hi Toddman! Thank you for your interest in my 1994 SW1. I do still have it; however, I am hanging onto it for a while longer. I was re-homing it because my grown kids thought I needed a newer car, so I bought a 2020 Toyota Corolla. After driving the new Toyota for 8 months or more, I decided that I still prefer my Saturn!! So I use the Toyota for long trips for reliability, but all in-town driving is with my beloved Saturn. Crazy, I know, but I'm sure all Saturn lovers understand. 🤣🤣.

Also, I promised Rubehayseed first choice when/if I do decide to give it a new home. I will also get in touch with you when the time comes.

It still runs great. Only problem is I have to recharge AC once a year, or it will overheat and AC will not work. Other than that, it has no issues.

Thanks again for your interest, and I will keep you updated!

Old 06-04-2021, 08:17 AM

Get in line Toddman, I've still got dibs and V and I are buddies! LOL You keep taking care of my car, V. I'm a lot closer to it now that I'm in Alabama!

Old 06-04-2021, 09:21 AM

🤣🤣🤣 I've got you covered, Rubehayseed!

Old 06-04-2021, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Wow somebody with scruples in today's day and age. I guess if it would be anyone it would be Vicky.

It's your car overheats when the air conditioning system pressure is too low for the compressor to turn on, it means your cooling fan under the hood is not coming on based on the temperature of the coolant.

It is however coming on when the air conditioning engages as that is by design.

Since the car does not overheat with the air conditioning functioning it sounds as though the fan under the hood is functional.

I would start by checking the connector on the ects which measures the temperature of the coolant. Do you know if it has ever ever been changed? If it has not it has certainly failed. Even if it has, it can still fail

Also measure the resistance across the two ects pins at operating temperature and when ice cold.

It is very easy to replace and cost about $45 with quality parts.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:01 PM

Thank you for the very kind words, derf! Same goes for many people on this forum including you and Rubehayseed!

And thank you for the great info re my beloved Saturn overheating periodically! I did have the fan replaced last summer, and I think the connector was changed at the same time but I will double check that.

I doubt, however, that they measured the resistance across the 2 ects pins in both scenarios you described. That could be the problem! I will certainly ask these questions and have them to do it when I take it in for maintenence in July! Thank you so much for that information! I want to do everything I can to keep it running well! 😊😊

Old 06-05-2021, 05:22 AM

The corollas aren't that impressive. Camrys are a bit more fun. But still ehhh.
Now the TRD Camry and TRD Avalon with the v6 is super fun.

Old 06-05-2021, 01:46 PM

I did not test drive those, DropDead, or many others, but I'm sure you are right. But for me, nothing can beat my old Saturn. ☺☺ it's the only car I feel I have control, can see all around me, etc etc. And I love the simplicity....less things to go wrong. I'm a real Saturn die hard! 🤣🤣

Old 06-06-2021, 11:22 AM

My son got rid of his 2019 Corolla and bought a 2013 Ford F-150 with the 5.0 V-8. Gas prices keep going up and he's going to regret that move. I did NOT like his Corolla. I'd rather be in my Forte. The seats in the Corolla are not comfortable at all.

Quick Reply: 1994 Saturn SW1 needs good home