PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1994 Saturn SW1 needs good home

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 08:25 AM
Default 1994 Saturn SW1 needs good home

This may be a repeat post. I could not find my original post. I have a wonderful 1994 Saturn SW1 Manual that needs a new good home. I have been the only owner since I drove it off the lot in 1994 and have maintained it religiously. It continues to run very well and the body looks fantastic.

Sadly, I need a need a newer car that I can rely on for long trips and I do not want my Saturn to end up in a junkyard or with someone who does not appreciate and love it like I do.

The odometer has been broken for about 10 yrs, but when it broke it had about 166k miles. Since then, I have retired and most of my driving has only been around town. It has been the best car I have ever owned.

I am much more interested in a good home for it than I am in the money. I would be glad to sell it to a loving home for around $250.

Please email me at vfowler@live.unc.edu if you might be interested. I live in NC.

I am posting some recent pics. Thank you!
Vicki

Old 07-09-2019, 07:29 AM

That's a nice looking car. If I lived closer and had the money, I'd sure give you that for it. I'd love to have a little project car to play with without putting a TON of extra money into it. Good luck with the sale as I'm sure you'll move it pretty quickly. I sure hope it's to someone on this forum. I have exactly $158 to last me until August 3rd. Gonna be quite a challenge as I need to get groceries and the wife and daughter have multiple doctor appointments. Oh well, God has always come through for us and I'm sure we'll make it.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:38 AM
Default Thank you!

Thank you for the reply and kind comment about my Saturn. It's the best car I have ever had. I, too, wish you were in a position to adopt it. The price is certainly negotiable, but if you live a long distance, that might be a problem.

Do keep an eye on this thread, and perhaps things will work out later if I do not find a home. I will only sell it to a Saturn lover like yourself! Thanks again and good luck with your current situation. Things almost always change for the better!

Old 07-10-2019, 07:59 AM

I live in Florida. Just a little south of the center of the state. I will keep an eye on your post and MAY BE getting some better financial news by the end of August. Who knows? I might be able to grab that beauty after all. And I wouldn't even try to beat you up on the price. It's slightly more than you'd get if selling it to a scraper, so it's a fair price. Don't let it go for any less than that.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Default Wonderful!

Thank you so much for your interest! I hope we can work it out! I love it that you might want it to love it...not to scrap it. Pls keep in touch! My son lives in FL so we may be able to work out some details with him.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator

nice job keeping the paint nice n shiny.
How often do you wax it?

Dang even your cement garage floor is spotless

Old 07-11-2019, 06:03 AM
Default Thank you!

Thank you for the nice comments about the shiny paint job.....and garage floor! Actually, I have NEVER waxed my Saturn! I, too, have been amazed at how it has kept its shine and luster for over 25 years! I always hand wash it when it needs it, but it never goes through a car wash nor has it been waxed. It a natural beauty! Haha!!

It has always lived either under a carport or in a garage, so that may have helped. As for my garage floor, that is my Saturn's bedroom so I like to keep things as clean as possible! Lol. Thanks again!

Old 07-11-2019, 07:52 AM

Don't hold on it just for me. If someone else expresses an interest and has the cash, let it go. I can't make any promises. Whereabouts in FL does your son live? I hope for his sake that it isn't in Polk County like me. This is a very crime ridden county. Not so much where I live out in the country, but inside the city limits is just ridiculous. I get news out of both Tampa and Orlando and it seems like every night, there's something going on here. Drugs, murder, car jacking, bank robberies. There's just no end to it.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:10 AM
Default Thanks

I will keep you updated on this forum if someone else expresses interest etc. I would love for you to have it, but I understand your situation. I will only let it go to someone like yourself, which this forum has many. We'll see what happens.

My son lives in New Smyrna Beach. I think that is Volusia Co. He has not mentioned much crime there, so hopefully it is not bad like where you are. Then again, I doubt he would tell his mom if there were! Haha!

Thanks again and keep in touch!

Old 07-12-2019, 07:40 AM

That's about 130 miles or so north east of where I am. Ironically, I used to live in Smyrna, TN. Been a long time though.

Quick Reply: 1994 Saturn SW1 needs good home