Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Well guys....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 01:26 PM

Hows the wife doing, Rube??? still suffering from the surgery?

and everyone elses wife/kids/pets?

Old 06-28-2014, 07:26 PM

Wife is scheduled for another surgery on July 11th. This is to remove a couple of screws that they put in her neck back in November. They have come loose and a tendon is popping across them causing her severe pain. I'd like to cause some severe pain for that doctor, but he didn't know they'd come loose.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:10 PM

Your all nuts

Old 06-28-2014, 08:38 PM

oh geez :/ im sorry to hear that! hopefully the doctor can figure it out this time.

and sw2cam, it takes one to know one haha

Old 06-28-2014, 11:07 PM

Just catching up on gossip.
My Valerie had been diagnosed with COPD that seemingly came from no where into an advanced state. She is on a list for a lung transplant.
She is also in incredible pain and that is stories too long for the moment.
My doctors say that they are surprised as to how well i am recovering from Quadruple bypass about 10 months ago. That is good.
I need to repair the passenger side window motor on my Saturn Coupe and repaint it again.
I still do not have my Hornet painted, but it is ready for primer.
My dog is old and brown.
and old.
and begs for cookies.
I am sure glad things are running normally!

Old 06-29-2014, 06:24 AM

Sorry to hear about Valerie, Unc. But, at least you're recovering and can take care of her. If I lived close to you, I'd help you out with your cars and give your old dog a cookie from time to time. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about your wife Unc. And yours too Rube. Properly mounted screws don't back out of a bone unless the bone is pushing back, they weren't put in tight enough to grab properly, or the doctor is a loser. JMHO

My cat got really constipated last week and got an enema at the vet.
Where bloodwork determined his creatinine is up and he is now being switched to a kidney friendly diet----amazing how much the Rx food costs.

Last edited by derf; 01-01-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:37 AM

sorry to hear about all this. if anyone needs anything, please let me know.
I think sometime in august my mom goes in for her surgery from her car accident LAST YEAR. having spinal chord surgery done. its crazy. so much going on in everyones lives.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:21 AM

I sure hope your mom has a competent surgeon, Billy. My wife has had five back surgeries and so far, none of them have really helped her. She's okay, but won't ever be back to even 85%. And that sucks.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:47 PM

IM ALIVE!!!

Just taking it one day at a time here. I'll be halfway through my pregnancy next saturday. We're supposed to find out the gender Wednesday as long as baby cooperates. Hoping for a boy so keep your fingers crossed. We just took in a 4 month old boxer shepard mix. She ate a friend's chicken and he told us if someone didn't take him he was going to shoot him....boyfriend knew I'd been wanting a puppy so I got him. Yay! So far he's dug a bunch of holes in my yard deep enough to be his own grave and he's eaten the boyfriends phone charger and a crayon. Not too bad. Lol I started a part time job last Tuesday so I'm enjoying being out of the house. The car just rolled 72,000 miles...sadness...almost put 30,000 miles on it in what will be a year in August. I've come to the conclusion I drive too much. Lol sucks but no other choice.

Glad everyone is doing good. Guess I need to check in more often. :-\

Quick Reply: Well guys....