Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Well guys....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 10:36 PM

aww were not sure what she is mixed with, she was found on the side of the expressway when she was only a few weeks old. we believe lab though.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

goalie

there's usually not normal conversation on the forum because we're not normal.

But you figured that out already.

My sister came to visit from colorado. Got a rental car. Backed into the right front corner of my 95 sc2 which has a bra on it.

It's amazing how much paint came off that Kia. It's so thin. Not like the good ol days. Got some factory touch up paint but the areas are too big. At least the black plastic won't be glaring through. Just the roughness of the touch up paint

any pointers? I have till wed aft to address.

Last edited by derf; 06-03-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:32 AM

derf, I think we all have our own special meaning to the word "normal"! yea, I figured it out. Kinda why I wanted to see where this thread would go.

and as for the paint, you can try to use an electric buffer on it and get a good bit out that way. then a polish and wax?
I take it she didn't take the extra insurance out on it either?

Old 06-03-2014, 08:53 AM

I'd probably smack the crap out of either of my sisters if they did that to my car. Of course, I don't get along with either one all that well. Prima donnas!

Old 06-03-2014, 03:54 PM

Just working and trying to have time to do some of the things I like.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Well, it looks like sheet as there is no way to fill in that much of a cavern of missing paint with a depresaible tip pen. You can't really paint sideways with it over long distances as it won't flow properly.

That, and when I went to retouch this morning, some of yesterday's paint started coming off. Which I assume means there was residual wax that didn't get removed from my pre buffing out of the smudges.

I'll hopefully be able to remove the non adhered paint tonight.

Joy of joys.

Originally Posted by derf

My sister came to visit from colorado. Got a rental car. Backed into the right front corner of my 95 sc2 which has a bra on it.

It's amazing how much paint came off that Kia. It's so thin. Not like the good ol days. Got some factory touch up paint but the areas are too big. At least the black plastic won't be glaring through. Just the roughness of the touch up paint

any pointers? I have till wed aft to address.

Last edited by derf; 01-01-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:09 PM

my sisters know better than to even look at my cars the wrong way.

sw2cam- chyea, I understand. one week hours are slow, the next im working crazy overtime. nothing is staying steady now that I started looking for a second job. so its making it a bit harder to plan to do things.

derf, that sucks. your sister should be figuring out how to fix it, not you.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:53 PM

Rube......hows that Dog doing? Oh and derf is not normal, but the rest of us are perfect.

Last edited by RjION; 06-27-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:29 AM

Looks like this place is a "normal" forum family, lol.
Some crazies mixed in with the rest of the batch.
Me, I used to be "normal", until I got too involved with the politics that are so rapidly denigrating our Nation.
I spend way too much time studying and predicting what these knuckle-head politicians will do to infringe on our Constitutional Rights while lining their pockets on the labor of hard working citizens.

Too often reminds me of the "shell game" with all their diversionary tactics and outright lies.........
And now, we return you to your normal viewing station. ;>)

Old 06-28-2014, 07:42 AM

My dog is doing great, Rj. She can run a rabbit down in the back yard, but isn't allowed to keep it. LOL She favors her right rear leg just a tad and sticks it out the side when sitting, but all in all, she's a happy, healthy little mutt!

Quick Reply: Well guys....