Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Random Funny Saturn Story

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 07:01 AM
Default Random Funny Saturn Story

When my Saturn was owned by a relative, before I had it, we drove a lot that day. Now we found that when the coolant lid is off it all comes out on the road. The cooling system was severely abused by relatives so everything was failing. We bought a new coolant tank but it came with no lid.

On that day when we finally got home, there was a hiss, a bang, and then coolant covered the ground seconds before the car was parked. Turns out the likely original cap just exploded in to pieces. This was years ago. To this day we never did find any trace of the old cap. There has been a lot of debate that it was never on there, but I should mention that was the same person who doesn't know even basic car care like filling coolant and changing a light bulb.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:40 PM

The muffler of my SC recently fell off while I was driving. I heard a clang, everything got really noisy, and in the rear view mirror, I saw something skittering into the weeds. I turned back and retrieved the muffler.

It reminded me when my brother was driving an '84 Cutlass Ciera into Chicago. He hit a bump and the muffler let go and torpedoed a Corvette that had been tailgating him for the last couple of miles. He didn't stop.

In high school, I drove my dad's '86 Buick LeSabre that had no oil cap and no power steering cap. We just pressed on a square of aluminum foil on the holes and hoped they didn't blow away. That car died because of an under hood fire. We don't understand how that could have ever happened!

Old 07-27-2015, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dave4422
The muffler of my SC recently fell off while I was driving. I heard a clang, everything got really noisy, and in the rear view mirror, I saw something skittering into the weeds. I turned back and retrieved the muffler.

It reminded me when my brother was driving an '84 Cutlass Ciera into Chicago. He hit a bump and the muffler let go and torpedoed a Corvette that had been tailgating him for the last couple of miles. He didn't stop.

In high school, I drove my dad's '86 Buick LeSabre that had no oil cap and no power steering cap. We just pressed on a square of aluminum foil on the holes and hoped they didn't blow away. That car died because of an under hood fire. We don't understand how that could have ever happened!
What happened to the caps that were for the oil and steering pump?

Old 07-28-2015, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

weren't they used for something else?