Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

A neat little game...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Rube #4=Black Sabbath -- War Pigs
(Oh Lord Yeah!)

Old 02-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Derf #5 -- Rube -- nice --it's off Rust Never Sleeps (for those who need a great place to dive into the many sides of Neil Young)

Note: this post has been edited to remove all the incorrect **** typed by the author due to the author's lack of short term memory.

Rube knows his Neil.

Last edited by derf; 02-15-2015 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Good job Bones on #6; this gets only more interesting with time...

Love the Dio Sabbath years, short as they were --- most people do not -- I found it refreshing. The man has a great set of pipes

And yes, I know the posted lyrics contained the song title, but it is one of my favorite Sabbath lyrics so it had to be posted no matter what.

The game is not about stumping. We can all do that easily as we have already proven.

Thanks again for getting this rolling Bones; I'm enjoying the evolution of the game......

Last edited by derf; 02-14-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:18 AM

Hey guys, had to jump in with the name of that band since it was so obscure (and something we had in the attic LOL). I'm recognizing some of the most recently posted stuff, but I still suck at this game because I usually have an earworm going and unless I really know a song (like the Tom Petty one) i can't get the lyrics to 'sound' right. Oh Well.

Here is something from one of my favorite country songs of all time (call it tnvikesfan #2):

The competition's getting younger
Tougher broncs, you know I can't recall
The worn out tape of Chris LeDoux, lonely women and bad booze
Seem to be the only friends I've left at all

If the buzzer doesn't go off quickly for this one, I don't know what will. This is the song that actually got me to listen to Chris LeDoux music. He has some awesome stuff out as well, one of the 20 year overnight success stories.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Where's Mandee when you need her? Oh yeah, continuous sleepless nights raising a newborn......I think she'll check in soon....

I know what you mean about having earworms block your ability to recall other lyrics from the aural dungeon...

Old 02-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Derf 8

(Change of Pace)

And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise,
And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body,
Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

One of my favorite demonstrations of mastery of the wah wah pedal in all of rock.

IGNORED: CREAM: Tales of Brave Ulysses

Last edited by derf; 04-10-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:01 PM

Yea, I was kinda hoping to get the whole list of active members with this thread...

Anyway, if it's a change of pace you want...
(You will have to google this one, I'm 100% sure, but it sounds beautiful, and not in English)

"Bonestock-7"

Suteki da ne
Futari te o tori aruketa nara
Ikitai yo
Kimi no machi ie ude no naka
(NOTE: with just THIS ONE lyric, it WILL be deemed OKAY to post the title and artist even after googling it, due to its obscurity, however it's a beautiful song and I wanted you guys to hear it)

Have fun!

Old 02-14-2015, 05:50 PM

Kind of boring and disappointing with only four of us playing. Why don't we all just post the ones that haven't been solved and close the thread? I'm out due to the apathy here. My first one is called Bloodletting/ the vampire song, by Concrete Blonde. The second one is Red Rubber Ball by The Cyckle and #3 is Eye in the Sky, by the Alan Parsons Project. My favorite band of all time. #4 was of course and easy one solved by Derf.

Last edited by Rubehayseed; 02-14-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:36 PM

Where's the fun in that, Rube? The point wasn't so much about the guessing as it was about the expansion of our horizons. I'm sure we have all heard new music due to googling each other's lyrics, right? Looking back, I think too many rules were put in place...

Old 02-14-2015, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

As far as the rules go, that's my fault. I was just trying to bring some order to the scene so that we were all on the same page. Wasn't trying to be overbearing, just organizational.

Bones this is your baby. Reconfigure the "guidelines", pm them to me, I will update the top post, and we will continue on as you originally planned.

Last edited by derf; 02-14-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Quick Reply: A neat little game...