Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   A neat little game... (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/neat-little-game-9864/)

19bonestock88 02-06-2015 06:13 PM

A neat little game...

So, I'm a little bored, and I spend hours upon hours inside my head at work, and oftentimes, a musical lyric gets trapped in there...

I figured I would share them as they repeat in my head, you guys feel free to guess the song and/ or post your own lyrics... All genres welcome...

Lately, I've had this stuck in my head...

In the dark with the music on
Wishing i was someone else
Taking all your anger out on me

I'd rather rot alone,
Than spend a minute with you,
I'm gone, I'm gone...

And you can't stop me from falling apart,
Cause my self destruction is all your fault!
SOLVED: Skillet- Open Wounds

derf 02-07-2015 12:17 AM

damn this is the thread for me...you've uncaged a monster....

Let's set some ground rules, shall we? add any along the way that make sense

Rule #1: This game is about expressing ourselves through the words of others. Be respectful of fellow members at all times.
Rule #2: Guess with no googling OR google to explore, but don't post the answer (ruins it for the rest of us)
Rule# 3- NO VIDEO, it takes all the imagination out of guessing
Rule #4: Label each of your lyrics postings with your username and a sequential number so that those guessing can easily specify which lyrics they are guessing at.

Rule #5: Once the artist of your posted lyrics is correctly solved, please edit the post containing the lyrics as SOLVED---{name of artist} at the bottom of the post so that new people don't keep posting guesses

Hats off to Bonestock for stepping up to the plate to get this rolling.

Bones --- hope you don't mind me laying down the ground rules in writing. They're quite obvious and it'd be no fun if people just googled everything to look musically diverse....Let's get it on (Marvin Gaye)!

derf 02-07-2015 12:26 AM

Derf #1

Lyrics:

Mile after mile
Stone after stone
Turn to speak but you're alone
Million mile from home you're on your own

So let me in from the cold
Turn my lead into gold
Cause there's chill wind blowing in my soul
And I think I'm growing old

19bonestock88 02-07-2015 11:44 AM

Actually the lyrics in your sig inspired me to make this thread, but the purpose is just to express the lyrics... It will also reveal our musical tastes somewhat...

Rule#3- NO VIDEO, it takes all the imagination out of guessing... I would rather somebody google the lyrics and discover a new song they like, than just posting a link to the song and take out all the guesswork...

derf 02-07-2015 11:42 PM

Well, then.

I'm glad I have inspired someone musically around here. It's an important part of my life. I know that's not true for everyone and that's just fine with me.

The lyrics in my sig are a reflection of my mood at that point in time or are from a band whose music and lyrics are filling my head.

OK enough of that. Back to the game.

How about Revised Rule #2: Guess with no googling OR google to explore, but don't guess because...well...it's obvious
Bones makes an excellent point -- this game is as much about what music you DO know as it is about what music you DON'T know. If you like something you see and don't know who it is -- hell go google it and then youtube it --- ya might just like it....expand your horizons

tnvikesfan 02-08-2015 10:41 AM

Ohhhhh an 'earworm' thread of sorts.

Y'all got me, but I'm not the music trivia person in the household - that's DH. I will, however, have to think of something that may stump y'all. Age has it's privileges!

Rubehayseed 02-08-2015 01:17 PM

You guys have got me stumped so far. I guess I'll join in. Here ya go.

I got the ways and means to New Orleans
I'm going down to the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink and walk around
I've got at lot to think about, oh yeah

19bonestock88 02-08-2015 02:52 PM

I am not able to guess any of yours, but here's a new set of lyrics...

"bonestock-2"

Stay, cause you think you want me
Pray, when you need advice
Hey, keep your fingers off me, I'm tryin' to get through

Blame all your weakness on me,
Shame, that I'm so contrived
Hey, keep your sickness off me
Why can't I get through?

derf 02-09-2015 09:17 AM

ok, we're on a roll of stumping each other; bones, I can't get a bead on your timeframe other than guessing by your age (and that doesn't tie it down anyway); Rube -- you're an old fart but a sentimental one at that so I'll have to keep my ear to the grindstone.

May I propose Rule #4: Label each of your lyrics postings with your name and a sequential number.

Like the one I'm about to post I will label as "Derf #2". Then when someone guesses, they guess "Derf #2 ---- xxxxx" since at this rate we'll all have multiple sets of lyrics posted and without implementing some sort of indexing system we won't know which set of lyrics is being guessed at when other folks join in at the beginning of the thread and we each already have 7 lyrics posted each......

derf 02-09-2015 09:27 AM

Derf #2

All the love in the world
Couldn't save you
All the innocence inside
You know I tried so hard to make you
Oh, to make you change your mind

And it hurts too much to see you
And how you left yourself behind
You know I wouldn't want to be you
Now there's a hell I can't describe

SOLVED: GUNS N' ROSES, "STREET OF DREAMS"