Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

General comments on new technology!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 07:51 PM

Thanks man, Im back to stay! you should have seen all the dust on my laptop when I decided to turn it on today haha. No new saturn yet unfortunately, I just picked up a bronco for the winter so I can park the diesel and keep it outta the salt. putting a motor in the bronco this week. Whats up with this one? Im just getting around to checking all of the posts ive missed yet.
However, I start a new job next month, one that will take me all the way to retirement. If all goes well I will not be saturnless by the end of next year

Old 12-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

off topic but since you asked what's new, I must inform you that sw2cam and Rjion (brothers in real life) have retired from our forum. The torch has been passed to myself and some dude named Goaliemo, who, by the time he's done, will have only 3 screws and an N-clip remaining as factory parts on his IRL.......he's a good guy....

Old 12-27-2015, 08:24 PM

I was wondering where those names went, I wish i was here to say goodbye properly. lmao I almost spit out my beer reading that last part. I will meet him in due time haha. I just posted something in the thread so we dont derail this topic too much, even though it is off topic

Old 12-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

yep--sorry for the excursion, Unc--back to business

Old 12-30-2015, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by derf
off topic but since you asked what's new, I must inform you that sw2cam and Rjion (brothers in real life) have retired from our forum. The torch has been passed to myself and some dude named Goaliemo, who, by the time he's done, will have only 3 screws and an N-clip remaining as factory parts on his IRL.......he's a good guy....
Wow where the hell was I in all this? I'm lost lol.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:00 AM

And as for the self entitled generations I think a lot of that has to do with the fact in the late 90s and early 00's is when a lot of teenagers started having their own kids so they raised little ********. Both of my parents were born in the 50s...I dropped out in the 10th grade and I had to get a job and pay rent and pay my own cell phone and everything. I moved to my cousins for a few months and had to pay them rent. I grew up way before my time though. I conversate better with adults twice my age. I don't understand people my age. Oh well...old soul I guess.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mandee_07
I dropped out in the 10th grade.. I grew up way before my time though. I conversate better with adults twice my age. I don't understand people my age. Oh well...old soul I guess.
Never would have guessed about the dropping out in a million years. And you do converse with people twice your age (I'm proof of that) quite succinctly. I've always been in awe of the fact that you handle so much **** at such a relatively young age, yet you manage to keep your life moving forward.

You don't understand people your own age because your level of maturity is higher; you traveled a different path in life and matured at a young age in order to survive. Other people your age had mommy n daddy pay for their college tuition. Their daily lives are nothing like yours; their perspective on the "real world" is quite different than yours.

They seem to think they are entitled to certain things in life.

You work your a s s off in order to get every thing you want out of life.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by derf
Never would have guessed about the dropping out in a million years. And you do converse with people twice your age (I'm proof of that) quite succinctly. I've always been in awe of the fact that you handle so much **** at such a relatively young age, yet you manage to keep your life moving forward.

You don't understand people your own age because your level of maturity is higher; you traveled a different path in life and matured at a young age in order to survive. Other people your age had mommy n daddy pay for their college tuition. Their daily lives are nothing like yours; their perspective on the "real world" is quite different than yours.

They seem to think they are entitled to certain things in life.

You work your a s s off in order to get every thing you want out of life.
I try my best. I'm definently not the best example but I try.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

And that's what sets you apart--you do not give up