Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Finally employed once again

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator
Default Finally employed once again

Just found out a few hours after a second interview with a company that they have extended an offer and I have accepted it as a clinical technical writer, writing standard operating procedures for people to follow while performing clinical trials and other clinical studies.

3 months and 3 days of building and debugging 3D printers, draining goo out of Ford Escape transmissions (not through with that yet), hemming and hawing about doing the engine swap are over.

Got some ridiculous quotes to put down epoxy and urethane or just this new gimmick **** called polyaspartic which costs twice as much as anything else and you only have 20 minutes of pot time before it solidifies. $4500 for a two-car garage? I think not. I was hoping to get a nice durable somewhat car liquid resistant coating down before I get my mid-rise lift, but I'll either do it myself with muriatic acid to prep the floor or just blow the whole thing off. There's no point in getting the lift before I make a decision since dragging 900 lb out of the garage and back in is not what I call a good time.

It's been awhile since I've posted one of these rambling things but I am somewhat mentally drained from earlier today. I usually come across awful in interviews, so for me to string two excellent performances together in a row is an accomplishment.

​​​​​​

Old 07-12-2021, 09:07 PM

Congratulations, derf!

Old 07-12-2021, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you, sir.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:15 AM

Yes!!! SOP writing is not fun; but way better than working on certain Saturn Vues ;-)

Old 07-13-2021, 11:35 AM

I had no idea you'd been unemployed, derf. That sucks. But now you'll be getting a regular paycheck and I'm sure you'll do an excellent job. Congratulations, my friend. Tell the Mrs. that I said hello.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Great news my friend!

Old 07-14-2021, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you both.

Still living off the government till the 26th. I believe I've put enough money into the system to deserve it.

Just finished my onboarding paperwork, peed in a cup 90 minutes ago, and I'm now dealing with one of my many constant half migraines from the funky issues I have with the muscles on either side of my neck combined with a pinched nerve.

It's getting to the point where garden variety anxiety is starting to lock things up muscle wise and the migraines are a wonderful side effect of the condition. Throw in high pitch screaming in my ears, earaches, jaw aches, actual face aches.

If you are really bored, look up SCM syndrome, cervical dystonia, torticollis. My issues are with the clavicular branch of the sternocleidomastoid muscles. Oh I forgot fake sore throats.

Apparently I have had the issue since elementary school. I used to get brutal migraines as teenager but my parents thought I was being a bit dramatic. I guess it did not really come into play until the nerve got pinched badly from spinal stenosis for which I am too young.

Blah blah blah ****ing blah

Last edited by derf; 07-14-2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:35 AM

Migraines suck! Had them bad as a child due to chronic sinus issues. Of course my educators thought it was me just trying to get out of school; which honestly, I was trying to do, but not with that method. That all changed when I got a septaplasti a few years ago; now I just get sinus headaches in the colder months. I hope somehow, some doctor or somebody figures out a treatment for your condition(s). I hate seeing other people going through that stuff!

Old 07-15-2021, 12:20 PM

Migraines are definitely a terrible thing. My mother suffered with them for years. Oddly enough, after my father died, hers went away a few months later. Hmmmmm, Anyway, derf, have you ever heard of trigeminal neuralgia? Reatha has it and it kind of sounds like you have. It's often called suicide headaches because they're so terrible, people DO kill themselves to get away from the pain. Two treatments for it and she doesn't want to do either. They can burn the nerve that's affected or put a teflon spacer between the nerve and the jawbone. Both have the risk of permanent face droop if they screw it up.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:29 AM

Congrats m8!
Its a good feeling.