Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Does it get easier?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 04:47 PM
Default Does it get easier?

I swear everytime I think I may go forward in life I get kicked back down. I'm beyond stressed...i work 10-12 hr shifts 5-6 days a week...sleep between 2-4 hrs a day. I barely see my son due to the fact I had to move back in with my daughters dad and my sons dad won't let him around him. Yea yea I know I'm stupid for moving back in but I didn't have much of a choice. Hopefully I'll be moving out in the next 2 months. Just trying to do stuff that won't make him mad at me which is why I don't get on here much...he doesn't like the fact I talk to guys on here but I sure as hell miss yall. I'm just trying to get on my feet and do what I can to give my kids the best life I can. Lillian just turned 1 on Tuesday...can't believe how fast this year has gone by. The ion is still out of commission...shop told me I just need to replace my tranny which pisses me off. So the car I borrowed from my dad is ****ing up super bad..got stuck on the side of the road with the baby cuz the car wouldn't start. I can't win. So everyone keep me in your thoughts and hopefully since I have this really good job I can get my life going. Hope everyone is doing good and I'm sorry for the novel but I needed to get this off my chest.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Eeek. Back w Lil's dad.....you are planning a move...let NOTHING get in the way. Life does seem to have a habit of kicking you in the face; every time you seemingly get back on your feet, another foot between the eyes.

What's important is that you're doing everything in your power to provide the best you can for your kids -- even though it is at the expense of sleep, social interaction, and many other things. I have no children, but with each challenge you face, I am always amazed at the way you manage to find a way to keep afloat. And eventually step forward -- even if it is a single step, it is a step forward nonetheless.

You WILL move on from this to a happier, safer place.

We all know you have it in you

Old 11-21-2015, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Eeek. Back w Lil's dad.....you are planning a move...let NOTHING get in the way. Life does seem to have a habit of kicking you in the face; every time you seemingly get back on your feet, another foot between the eyes.

What's important is that you're doing everything in your power to provide the best you can for your kids -- even though it is at the expense of sleep, social interaction, and many other things. I have no children, but with each challenge you face, I am always amazed at the way you manage to find a way to keep afloat. And eventually step forward -- even if it is a single step, it is a step forward nonetheless.

You WILL move on from this to a happier, safer place.

We all know you have it in you
It has honestly taken everything I have to not start drinking. I'm trying to show my kids I can make this better for them. Hopefully moving into our own house in the next 2 months. Kinda have to wait on taxes. I'll get there eventually...I'm running on 1hr of sleep today after I worked all night. It sucks. Miss having both my kids with me everyday but I'll get there. Just going to take time and patience.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:00 PM

It will get better. The roughest part of the storm always hits before the sun shines. Keep your head up kiddo, I know youre doing whats best for you and your family.

I wish I had the time to come grab your car and swap trannys for you. I have an extra one.

You are definitely on the right path though. And whatever you do, don't start drinking. It doesn't help. I promise it doesn't. We all go through dark times. I am only speaking from experience, not trying to sound like a broken record.

We care about you, and miss you. It is always a pleasure seeing your s/n pop up on here.
Hopefully you still have my number somewhere incase you need it.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Not like you don't already have enough to do....but to keep that Ion alive till it gets a new tranny, I hope you're starting it and letting it run a little bit every 2 wks or so (assuming you can get it in neutral). Keeps the batt somewhat charged but more importantly it keeps the oil flowing, the seals wet, etc. Plus add some fuel stabilizer to the gas tank so the gas doesn't go bad. These things should all save you money when you go to get er back on the road.

Also, you know how to get in touch with me if you feel the need. Anytime. Day or night.

That's what our little forum family is for.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:54 AM

Life does get better, I promise... Usually, we get a break when we're least expecting it... As for your ION, it sucks it needs a transmission, but Goalie does have one... If we both had time, we could come over and swap it for ya... I second what Derf was saying about starting it every once in a while to keep the seals wet and oil circulated... I assume you still have all of our phone numbers; feel free to text anytime you need someone to talk to...

Old 11-25-2015, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by goaliemo
It will get better. The roughest part of the storm always hits before the sun shines. Keep your head up kiddo, I know youre doing whats best for you and your family.

I wish I had the time to come grab your car and swap trannys for you. I have an extra one.

You are definitely on the right path though. And whatever you do, don't start drinking. It doesn't help. I promise it doesn't. We all go through dark times. I am only speaking from experience, not trying to sound like a broken record.

We care about you, and miss you. It is always a pleasure seeing your s/n pop up on here.
Hopefully you still have my number somewhere incase you need it.
I miss y'all too. I have no ones phone number. Had to delete them to save me from getting in trouble with lillians dad. That's why I come on here because he doesn't know about this place too much.

I really appreciate the thought of yall changing out my tranny it made me smile. I'm struggling really bad mentally and emotionally. I've been depressed for months and my stress level is becoming unbearable.

I miss seeing your goofy messages Billy. I miss texting all of yall though. Hoping for a bright light to start shining soon but idk how much more I can handle. I know the drinking won't help but to be able to feel relaxed feels so wonderful. I'm falling asleep as I type this. I have a 4 day weekend and I'm hoping I can sleep soon.

I'll check back on y'all in the next couple days. Hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:38 AM

The power of prayer works wonders, Mandee. It's free and God truly listens. HE does things in His time, but HE wants us all to talk to Him. I know for a fact that HE still answers prayers and works miracles. If this post offends anyone, please remove me from the forum. I won't back down from my beliefs for anyone or any reason.