News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on SF happenings! Just take a look...

This forum doesn’t like my vpn.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default This forum doesn’t like my vpn.

I already have to turn off my vpn to see pictures here and now the site blocks me completely with the vpn on.
I enjoy this site but it is too much trouble and I like the protection of the vpn.
So I think I am going to move on.
thanks
Andy

Old 02-20-2020, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Andy....

NOOOOOOOOO!

PLEASE don't.

I have a strong IT background and will do my best to help you sort it out.
I can even ask Patrick, the site admin, what the deal is and I expect him to be helpful.

The VPN is probably configured to freak out and block the maximum number of possible points of attack both externally and from within.

That is why you can make exceptions on a site-by-site basis.

You are an incredibly valuable member of this forum. You are the voice of both knowledge and reason. And you like Saturn L series vehicles.

Can't speak for the other members, but I have learned a lot from you not just about Saturns but about troubleshooting in general.

We all like to think that we approach things logically. But it takes someone with much broader experience to point out errors in our reasoning and the proper path to take.

Please reconsider.

Thanks.

Derf

Old 02-21-2020, 07:45 AM

I'm in 100% agreement with derf, Andy. There's going to be a LOT of people looking for more and more help in the future as these cars get more miles and age on them. Who in the world is going to answer all those questions if you've moved on? It sure as hell won't be me because I don't know these cars. And derf will try his utmost best, but there's no replacing someone with practical experience. Please reconsider staying. I don't even have a Saturn but sure would miss your input and knowledge about these cars.

Old 02-21-2020, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

E-mail me if you have any success
Andy