New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New soon to be 93 sc2 owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Welcome to the forum. Having owned two SC's over the years, I can say I really like the little cars. Unfortunately, with my wife having had 8 back surgeries, they're too hard for her entry and egress, so I had to get rid of them and find something taller for her. I'm looking forward to seeing your project and will offer any advice on the minimal knowledge that I have and remember about. Derfs the go to guy on the SC's for sure.
Thanks man I appreciate the help and support. Like I said to derf, I focus alot on the comfort of the ride like suspension, seats, audio and road noise but there will be a degree of work going into the motor like boost and cams and the norm intake and exhaust mods. Going to shoot for a leisure vehicle that looks good and is functional but still able to destroy a civic lol

Old 10-03-2018, 12:10 PM

So finally got my hands on the car. I was not told an accurate milage on it for good knows why but whatever. It actually has 150k miles on it. Still not bad for a Saturn. Got pics taken and will be starting my thread today

Old 10-04-2018, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Check the oil
Check the oil
check the oil

​Appears the car may have been sneaking out after curfew, racking up a few extra clicks. None the worse for it..
​​​​​​
Compression check on that bad boy before spending too much $$. And you need to closely monitor for oil consumption and leaks - as in before each startup. This sounds absurd, but some of the earlier model year DOHCs were prone to becoming oil burners due to a restricted oil feed to the head ( I think).

Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone?