New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

compliance

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 11:31 AM
Default compliance

We bought a 95 sc2 for my x wife many years ago, and I loved that car. It left when she did... and now I found a 93 sl1, out in the woods collecting pine needles and moss. Engine wouldnt turn over, the key was lost, and the owner said that the Previous owner said... it needed a clutch. He had bought the clutch but was no mechanic, and the new parts sat in the back seat...but the tires had air and it was on a trailer, so for a hundred bucks, I figured I couldnt go wrong. After some trials and tribulations, I am happy to say this car has been resurrected. I have about 4 hundred into it,including the title transfer, and quite a few hours, and I feel like I know the car quite well, at this point. Stupid thermostat...hahah. 93 SL1, 5 spd. , 160 k, bare bones car. New clutch, fuel pump, injector, muffler and (unnecesary) thermostat.

Attached Thumbnails compliance-twilight-sat2.jpg   compliance-sat-south.jpg   compliance-interior-sat.jpg   compliance-clutch-sat.jpg  
Old 04-19-2016, 06:15 PM

Clutch does look pretty rough. Although not a bad looking car for being 23 years old with 160k and for less than $1K. Good luck with it.