New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New Owner of an '03 Vue in Toronto, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

or you can click the choice below the web address box, but your pic can only be of a max KB size. Photobucket gets around that by just having you put in a ref to the pic and not the actual pic

Old 05-22-2015, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by goaliemo
mmm, 65 Vette caught my eye.
My grandfather has a 63 that I want. He is the original owner. It was matching numbers until my grandmother ruined it.
Quick story.
When my grandparents lived in New York, my grandfather was having issues with the Vette, and kept dumping money into it.
My grandmother didn't like that....So one day, behind my grandfathers back, decided to have it towed to a shop and have a crate motor dropped in for him. No big deal, right? Except one little thing......She told the shop to keep the original motor. It WAS a numbers matching 1 owner car until that.
They moved to Florida. My grandfather still didn't know (the car was trailered down) and didn't find out until they were done moving down there. Wanna talk about being beyond mad?
That is ground for divorce in my book.
Now, he is having even more issues with the crate motor than he was with the stock motor. Go figure, right?

Anyway. Welcome to the forum. Please post some pictures of your rides (especially the vette)!

Also, do as derf says and set up that sig and I will keep him from yelling at you

Hey Billy - That's a CRAZY story about your Grandmother having the original engine swapped out. She may have had best intentions but simply cannot imagine her not telling him, OR perhaps worse, your Grandfather not even realizing it. DO keep your eye on that '63 though! It can be a challenging year to find parts for, but worthwhile. These cars are a LOT of fun. They were/are a great design.

I drive the heck outta my '65, which was probably a 327/365hp (the optional 396 starting in March 65) car, but did have the mighty 454 COPO engine when I got it. Sure that big block was fun and loud, but was also hot, heavy and could never get it to run right. Since the original engine was long lost, 12 years ago I swapped the big block for a brand new Edelbrock Performer 350, all pretty and polished and it's been great. Lighter, quicker, cooler. Someday will swap carb for FI but that's about it. Anything more and it would change the character too much, for me at least.

If you want to see more pics, here's my album on the CorvetteForum:
PaulUptime by PaulUptime | CorvetteForum.com

Last edited by pauluptime; 05-22-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by derf
[Threadjack]'ll bring the tequila on early october. Flight booked [/THREADJACK] sorry
Someone say tequila?

I'm working on some projects tonight so I can get an early start on "Beergarita Friday" afternoon (followed by a siesta no doubt.)

Old 05-22-2015, 02:56 AM

That thing is beautiful man! Good job!
He didn't realize because my grandmother is disabled and they were in the process of moving when she did that. So he was back and forth between NY and FL.
Believe me, it will be mine one day.

Im sure that 454 WAS a lot of fun, but as you said, just to big for that car.
350 sounds like the better choice.
I almost got my hands on a 75 Nova the other day. Not as cool, but still would have been fun. Guy had everything restored, the car just needed to be put back together. It was going with a completely rebuilt big block from a 76 Nova.
I really need to invest in a truck and trailer so I can have cool side projects...One day...oh, and the whole money thing. LMAO

Old 05-22-2015, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by pauluptime
Someone say tequila?

I'm working on some projects tonight so I can get an early start on "Beergarita Friday" afternoon (followed by a siesta no doubt.)

Someone say beer?

Old 05-22-2015, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by goaliemo
That thing is beautiful man! Good job!
He didn't realize because my grandmother is disabled and they were in the process of moving when she did that. So he was back and forth between NY and FL.
Believe me, it will be mine one day.

Im sure that 454 WAS a lot of fun, but as you said, just to big for that car.
350 sounds like the better choice.
I almost got my hands on a 75 Nova the other day. Not as cool, but still would have been fun. Guy had everything restored, the car just needed to be put back together. It was going with a completely rebuilt big block from a 76 Nova.
I really need to invest in a truck and trailer so I can have cool side projects...One day...oh, and the whole money thing. LMAO

Name:  BancroftFallPickup.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  147.2 KB

Here's my '75, the first year for Silverado and my '79 Airstream.

Enjoy the heck outta both of them. Nothing like having a truck, but I could never justify tying up cash, insurance and depreciation for a brand new one, and believe me it would take a new truck over $50K to compare. Most modern stuff is too fussy and overly complicated anyway. I like toys like this that are affordable, simple 'nuff to fix up and just enjoy.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:18 AM

I am not a fan of trucks.
And if I were to ever own one, to haul my redline of course, it would have to be a truck like that. I enjoy looking at the mid 70s trucks. Whether it be Ford, Dodge, or Chevy.
I saw a 46-49 (I cant remember) Dodge pickup truck at home depot the other day.
Talked to the guy for a minute, still had the crank start, original everything. It was amazing.