New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Newbie from Ontario (Canada)

Old 10-23-2005, 07:29 PM

Hey everyone, my girlfriend and I are buying a 1995 Saturn SL (pretty sure it's an SL1) and I've learned alot from past and present forums I frequent, and figured I should likely get on board with a Saturn forum since I'm likely going to be fixing/modding this one [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]...so yeah....my name is Dan, and I own a 99 cougar, and an 88 Buick Regal (aka the winter beater) and will be adding a 95 SL to the list this month.

Now...my first question....what is the bolt pattern on the SL (95)?

I'm looking to get rims for it first (in conjunction with tint) and possibly lower it. Since I don't have pics of the Saturn yet...here's my present car....

Edit: Just as an FYI, I don't plan on modding the Saturn to this extent, but Rims, a little lowering, tint....and some possible interior mods, but nothing major....I'm definately thinking of painting the front and rear bumpers body color though. The one we're buying is a darker blue, it's presently getting a new tranny and engine swap. The A/C is shot, but I can fix that later down the road.

Edited by: hamill

Old 10-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Administrator

nice looking cougar!

welcome to the forum!

Old 10-25-2005, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Patrick

nice looking cougar!

welcome to the forum!

Thanks, it took a bit of time, the only thing I haven't changed (inside and out) is pretty much the doors, roof, and main dash...oh, and the headliner and trunk.

I just found on my regular forums that there are a couple of Saturn owners on there and they said the number one problem they have encountered is oil, whether it is just burning through it, or in some cases leaking, but it appears from some of the reading I've done (since yesterday) that they are nutourious for oil issues, and it appears as though the sooner you change the oil the less liklihood of the problem occuring on longer intervals is. <- that sounds like common sense, after re-reading, but it's meant differently, more like the less likly oil is to "dissapear".

and I also finally found out that the bolt pattern is 4x100 so thankfully it's common amongst civics and such so finding rims will be a breeze!

Are these forums frequently used or are they pretty quiet? Any thoughts or advice on forums like saturnfans.com or turbosaturns.com?

Old 10-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Administrator

this is the only forum that i frequent for saturns, so i cannot be of assistance to you on others, however, i will always try to answer your questions!

as for oil usage, on just about any high mileage engine, you wil have some oil usage issues, due to things like rings and seals wearing a bit.