New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Just joined today.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Default Just joined today.

Hello my name is Roy. I like to use Droygan as my online handle. I've owned a 98 Saturn. A 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited edition which now I wish I'd never let go after all the money I put into it. A couple Pontiacs which we're okay cars and I've always loved Pontiacs because of my Nostalgia it's the first car from when I was a kid. My mom owned an old gold 70s Pontiac Firebird. And currently I own a 2006 Saturn Ion. I thought I saw somewhere mention of creating a signature and adding my vehicle information. But I'm not quite sure how to do that. Looking forward to sharing and receiving knowledge from people. Knowledge is powerful, lightweight and very valuable. and for some reason it seems to be one of the only things humans will freely exchange without expecting something in return.

Last edited by DROYGAN; 12-03-2020 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Stupid typo. Too funny. Accidentally said you humans LOL
Old 12-03-2020, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome

Old 12-03-2020, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Knowledge can be heavy, not everyone gets something for nothing, and you should have not put money into anything made by chrysler dodge jeep. But we all learned our lesson at different times in life.

Welcome to the farm. Forum. Same difference. You can add your signature by going to what I believe is the top right on the regular desktop web page and look for the control panel when you mouse over it or it's an arrow to the right of your name with a drop-down list that has control panel in it. Then choose edit signature.

Old 12-04-2020, 08:40 AM

Welcome to the forum. And I disagree with derf 100%. I LOVE Mopars. I'm a Mopar man.

Old 12-04-2020, 02:58 PM

I love my Jeep. I didn't have to sink a lot of money in it but I spent a good amount on routine maintenance and update parts. My biggest single repair was when my axle broke near Murdo South Dakota. On my way for a mini vacation in between Montana and Florida build for custom log homes. Doing about 85 luckily was early in the morning and my right rear passenger tire broke oway and rolled past me down the road. I think it was about a $900 fix at a local shop for them to order me a whole new axle and put it in before I ran out of money at the hotel. yes I miss my Jeep if you don't need a four-wheel drive or cargo room I can understand why someone might not like these but I had 280000 miles on it and I bet if I just kept fixing things as they went wrong I'd still have it. I hate to say it but if I ever sell or trade this car it's probably going to be for another Jeep Cherokee

Old 12-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Rube always disagrees w me, except when he is right.

To each their own.

Old 12-04-2020, 07:06 PM

LOL. Right I like that attitude to each his own. We need more of that nowadays too many people can't stand it if you don't believe or think their way. I like Saturn's two or else I wouldn't be on my second one. And if I get this fixed in my loan paid off I probably won't want to Let It Go. Definitely thinking about keeping it around as a second vehicle regardless. I couldn't figure out why it kept capitalizing Let It Go. See watch this Let It Go. I've been trying for a couple minutes to figure out why it won't quit doing it. That's stupid Frozen song, I got kids

Old 12-04-2020, 07:15 PM

Derf said knowledge is heavy,not everybody get something for nothing. True very true. Now I agree if you're making point of knowledge being valuable oh, I totally agree that's a good point. That's been one of the only ways I've been able to increase my value over the years. Reminds me of a great story I know. There's a big mass of ship that's broken down and they can't get their engine to start. They call in a certified ship engine mechanics like 50 years experience. Guess he spends a couple days looking over the ship and everything related. Finally he goes up to his tools and takes out a hammer. Goes to a very specific spot on the engine and Taps on it with the hammer. The engine comes to life and works fine. Later when the owner gets the bill for $10,000 he's Furious and ask to send an invoice. So the old mechanic send them an invoice with two items on it. Item number one tapping with a hammer $1. Knowing exactly where to tap that hammer $9,999.

Last edited by DROYGAN; 12-04-2020 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Typo