New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Why hello there

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Default Why hello there

Hello all. I'll go into a short introduction of myself to start. I am a 28 year old male. I have held the same low end job for about 7-8 years or so, in which I do the night audit at a hotel. Recently I have joined the local college's Motorcycle and Marine Service Technician course hoping to find a career that I will like. Thinking about going into more marine than motorcycle, but they still have internal combustion engines . Years ago I was more interested in the computer field, but I've liked working on computers less and less over the years. This course has been very fun so far so maybe I will like working with my hands more than sitting at a desk.

I'll toss up some short information about my car here. It is a 97 SL1 with a 98 engine. I'm not 100% sure if it is a 98 SL1 engine or not... Recently I have had a small amount of trouble from the cooling system as the other day when idling the coolant decided to boil out of the reservoir cap and I have had a weird sound coming from the engine every now and then(suspect piston or something idk.. happens very infrequently and isn't valve noise which I always hear) so I decided to look around for a place that could help. It doesn't hurt that I am still paying on it so I intend to keep it running as best as possible as finances allow.

Hope the intro wasn't half bad. I'll browse around in a few for the correct section to ask advice in and post there. I'll try to toss a few pictures up of my car here in a bit too.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Banned

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:17 AM

Hello and welcome to our Saturn Forum. You'll find this place helpful if you use it, if you post, and if your part of it.

Stop in the USER CP and open your signature. Add your first name, location, and car info.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:28 AM

Thanks to whomever for letting me back in. Not sure what happened there. Thank you for the welcomes, and way ahead of you already added

Plan to ask questions, read up on what is happening, and hope that soon enough I can help with advise myself. Already learning a good deal about things in class and definitely want to broaden up with more technical knowledge so I can contribute here as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:53 AM

Welcome to The Saturn Forum............This place is more like family and friends. It's small and has few users, we (sw2cam) can be harsh and to the point. We have a few mods that stay on top of things and keep this place clean and polished. I'm the newest of the mods. I just discovered one day that I was with no one asking me or telling me about the job.

I've owned 15 Saturn's over the years, not counting my kids Saturn's. I still drive my 2007 ION-3 sedan with the enhanced performance pkg, travel pkg, and more. I've lowered, added sway bars, strut bar, wheels/tires, tint, and a few other mods. My youngest Daughter drives a 2007 ION-2 that's loaded up purdy good that now has about 110 on the clock. I worked for GM's SRE retiring when the last property sold here in Arizona.

I'm now also the owner of a 2014 KIA Forte EX.........has a ton of standard equipment like back up camera, power folding heated mirrors with built in turn signals. Sirius XM radio, UVO infortainment system, 4 wheels disc brakes with abs, stability control, traction control, air bags all over the place. Also has projection headlamps, fog lamps, led day time running lights, and that's not all. Sticker was $20,495. A hell of a good deal the way I look at it. I'm also a new mod on a Forte Forum http://kiaforteforum.com/kia-forte-k...rums/index.php and invite all to come over and join up with or without a KIA Forte. I asked the members from this site only. Only because these are good people that have working grey matter.

I'll end this rambling with ......... Hello and Welcome to our Saturn Forum.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:00 PM

Welcome to the forum Sir Richard.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:31 PM

Welcome to the forum, Richard. I was in Chattanooga yesterday and today. Yesterday we went to the zoo and then today we went to Rock City and Ruby Falls for my daughters 19th birthday. It's good to be home.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

yo..........

Old 10-05-2013, 04:34 AM

Hope you had a good trip down here and had a good hotel room. I also hope your daughter had a good birthday! Next time you come down you should also check out the Aquarium. I plan on going to the Haunted Cavern(Ruby Falls thing) sometime this month myself.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:15 AM

Yep, the Haunted Cavern started last night, but my wife is disabled and was in a lot of pain, so we didn't stick around. We've been to the aquarium a couple of times and loved it.

Quick Reply: Why hello there