New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

I have Goldy a 99 SW2, Red my daughters 99 SW2 and Whitey my other daughters 2000 SW2

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 01:05 PM

OK, was down with Covid...........I'm hoping Derf can sort this out, lost my log in stuff and reset my stuff and now I'm the Dude not Saturnguy!

Derf please advise, I'm fine with this account moving forward, whatever is easiest? Thanks.

Anywho, recovering from Covid, have a 08:00 Tuesday appt to re-re-flash the Airbags because since I found a BCM that works the power locks the AB lite came back on!!! So there will be 1 of 2 options. 1: My OEM BCM AB lite was out BUT NO RKE system! 2: Used RKE system BCM , reflash AB lites go out. That should happen Tuesday am, got the title to put Whitey in my daughters name and git this OUT of my hangar!! Been the most challenging project in a long time!

Old 08-12-2022, 01:11 PM

Andy is more the L series guru here, BUT, derf is very intelligent and can probably help you out too. I, on the other hand, CAN'T. I'm just curious if you bought that from Pull-A-Part out on Centennial Pky. I spent many an hour in that yard getting various parts for a lot of different cars I had when I lived in New Johnsonville. Been gone for about 8 years now.

Old 08-12-2022, 01:29 PM

small world! I jumped on a plane and jumped started her in the junkyard, drove to my brothers who lives in Nashville, cleaned the interior and drove her home! cruised at 70 w/ice cold air and 33mpg! More story later!

Old 08-14-2022, 08:25 AM

Cool! I used to run a delivery service in downtown Nashville. But that was over 30 years ago.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:45 PM

I know it would upset some, but used to love Nash..........now it's trying to hard to be the new LA!! Horrendous traffic, humidity ect. Brother hates it there now, could not pay me to live there! Rant over.

Tomorrow she's got a 08:00 RE-RE Flash appt. for AirBags. Then transfer title, get inspection stickers and it will be on the road!

Old 08-14-2022, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

B2602

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...des/b2602.html

DRL Relay Control Circuit Shorted To Ground

The Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) Relay is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM). Ignition positive voltage is applied to the DRL relay coil. The BCM grounds the DRL relay control circuit in order to turn on the DRL relay. When the DRL relay control circuit becomes shorted to ground without being commanded on by the BCM, DTC B2602 is set.

Poss causes
  • Faulty Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) Relay
  • Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) Relay harness is open or shorted
  • Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) Relay circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
---------
B3785

Found one online Saturn tech who said this code has to do with the high setting blower relay. Not really sure. I've seen everything from fuel pump issues to transmission internals. Not sure I believe any of it.

Last edited by derf; 08-14-2022 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:01 AM

So, did the car come from Pull A Part? I'm just curious as to how much they sell cars for. I still have friends in TN, but, like your brother, last time I was in Nashville, I realized how much I DON'T miss it. Real estate prices in Nashville have gotten sky high and there's no reason for me to even consider anywhere in TN. I love it here in Alabama.

Old 08-15-2022, 04:45 PM

It was a copart yard, the car came from FL. don't know how it landed in TN. because I tracked down the owner. She was cutting thru a mall parking lot, they had poured a low wall, she was going thru the parking lot like she did every morning and hit the wall (it was like 1 1/2 feet tall!! They quoted $3Km to fix it so she donated it. I saw it and bid on it before the auction and got it. I did a lot of looking at the pics the listing said it "starts and drives" So I rolled the dice and got lucky! They jumped it with a fork truck and I drove it to my brothers.

Old 08-16-2022, 07:09 AM

Man, that's awesome. You luck sounds like one of my cousins. That guy could fall in a cow pasture and come up smelling like a rose. If I fall in a cow pasture, I come up smelling like cow S#*T.

Old 08-16-2022, 12:43 PM

LOL!! Just back from dealer, unsuccessful in re-setting AirBag lite. So back to OEM BCM, AB lit is OUT. She'll have to use the key to get in the car. Minor interior work and off to the title office tomorrow then inspection/stickers for Pennsyltucky and I'm done!

Requarding lucky???? once in a while, but this project really sucked up my time...........and stressed me out espically since the Green Wenie was KIA"d 2 weeks ago, now I'll have to deal with the INS. Co and current market value is $4,500 !!! Yep! Nappy times approaching after snacky. Cheers

Quick Reply: I have Goldy a 99 SW2, Red my daughters 99 SW2 and Whitey my other daughters 2000 SW2