New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

First Saturn

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Default First Saturn

So I just turned 17 and for about the last eight years I have had a serious interest in cars. I was always drawing out and designing new cars with new ideas and to this date I have probably 100 sheets of smudged graph paper crammed into my desk drawer to account for my years of less than knowledgable design, which if you put in order you can see the slow improvement over time. But the thing was every one I drew was different, and had something to set it apart from the other cars of the day. I knew when I got a car I wanted to get a brand of car that would stand out from every one else at my school's Grand Ams and Camrys and decided I really wanted a Saturn. I had wanted one not only for their unique style but for their reliabilty, fuel economy, and subtle enthusiast attitude. So very recently I got my third car which is my first Saturn. Before I had a 2000 Dodge Stratus for just three months before I had to trade it in for a huge loss because it was just falling apart around me. But I ended up in a 2003 Saturn L200 which happens to have about 60k more than the Dodge and the difference in quality is astonishing. The car is very solid and aside from the occasional interior plastic rattling it is quiet and obedient. It holds pretty tight in turns and understeers slightly. Although after about six minutes of hard driving you can smell the brakes cooking in the cabin with the windows up. The engine is decent and pulls nicely through higher revs but would be better paired with a manual gearbox (sadly my car was equipped with the auto). I really love the design. The interior is pretty ergonomic and well planned out. The window switches around the shifter are a nice touch. All the controls and gauges are easy to see and use. I really like tall and practical but still attractive greenhouse on the car, which shows just a little bit of Saab flair from the 9-5 with the very upright windshield. Every since I got this car I knew it would be one I would stay with for a long long time. So far I am a happy member of the family!

Old 04-02-2013, 10:11 AM

Welcome to the Saturn forum welcome to the Saturn family. Hope that L treats you well for the time it spends with you. Please take the time to add your first name, state, yr & model to your signature. While your at it start a L series picture thread and post up a few pics of yours.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Banned

Welcome to the Forum

Old 04-02-2013, 04:18 PM

Welcome to the forum from a Mopar lover. Sorry to hear about your Stratus, but hey, it sounds like it was a POS. Enjoy the Saturn. They're very good cars.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:56 PM

Welcome to the Forum from NC!