New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

02 sc1 from maine

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 03:31 AM

Rustoleum makes a good paint. I use it for engine, Drive train and suspension parts. The down side is a huge long drying time.
I use Krylon for something I want to get done quick with. It is soft and need maintenance to be effective but is handy for quick and dirty touch ups.
I use SEM products for correct interior paint restorations. I find in general Single Stage Acrylic Enamals work well for everything including engine paints and I buy them at Automotive Paint Stores and lacking that information as to where to go many NAPA stores have an automotive paint section where you can color match to your car. They sometimes offer a rattle can packaging option.
I have a compressor, 3 spray guns and a Cheap Harbour Freight Air Brush and the chemistry to clean things with as needed for additional painting.
There are things that Rustoleum is not the best paint to use on. Although it has many uses for sure.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:32 AM

nice ride. good luck in the autocross. the car's light weight is one of it's main strengths - it really does not take much to get the car going. are all your gears good? my 3rd gear pops out regularly, so i don't even bother using it anymore. it's a good thing it's pretty flat here in so. california.