General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Saturn 98 sl2 recalls / tsb????

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Default Saturn 98 sl2 recalls / tsb????

hey guys new member here, site is great! real helpful people on board!

.......been havin some issues with my ride lately, only 70k and was wondering if you knew what the important tsbs and recalls were my car???
and a phone number to call since all saturn dealers closed up in nyc.

i heard recalls are free to fix but tsbs maynot.......please let me know when you get the chance i would appreciate it.

also, do you know a website that sells reliable window regulator w motor and how much/warranty??? one window is shot. .....

also what can you lube the window rubber seams where the windows slide up/down with?????heard that helps to keep them goin up and down fine.

thanks!

Old 08-13-2011, 04:12 AM

Pretty much a recall for a 98 has a finite time frame and have timed out by now. At least any one I have ever run accross where a car has changed hands multiple times. Could be wrong.
Window regulator? I bought mine from the dealer 2 years ago, basic warrenty at the time which as I remember either had none or not much. Electrical parts have a tendancy to have no warrenty if it is a DIY install.
As to Dealer? Right,they are gone. However you might check your local area for a GM dealer that will carry on service for the car. A local Chevy dealer here advertises Saturn Service and is close and are DIY friendly at the parts counter. Most GM dealers that I have commented on parts to have told me that they can buy parts.
However face it, when OEM parts run out there will not be any more. Not sure what the latest rules are but at one time there was an obligation to maintain parts up to 7 years after last manufacter and my 94 is 17 years old now. I can still get parts, at least those I have asked for but I am sure the SC unique cosmetic parts are going to be impossible to find shortly if not now. Some parts I have not bothered to try to buy from a dealer but have been to PickApart places. if they are in after market, historically that dries up too.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Banned

I gotta agree with UnclJohn ... visit(s) to U-Pull-It yards are definitely in your future. Check back through the various posts - somebody pinned an overview for part numbers for your car. Armed with that info, you can start calling your local dealerships that took over any outstanding parts stock when Saturn pulled the plug ... for me, it's a Cadillac dealership in Mobile, AL ... you might get really lucky

Old 08-14-2011, 09:11 AM

ok thanks, but there arent any serious recalls or tsbs for sl series 98??? coudnt find it in the website, we would change it myself ourselves if the dealer wouldnt......

i see saturns alot, the old sl series/s series so i am not worried about parts for them in the near future....still lookin to sell it for the right price. when i was lookin at leases dealer offered me 2-25ook for it, but it had only 70k!!....u never know....