General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Fuel pump relay

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 01:22 PM

No problem Unc. You let me know what you want and when you want it. I'll try a pair of channel lock pliers or vise grips on the window. I can return it and get credit at Pull A Part.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Unc

Just finishedreplacing a window motor in my 97 sc2 which behaved exactly as you described. Towards the end it would sporadically work but seem to bind in a few places and if you let it stop there it would quit until some magical moment three days later.

Go for just the motor at rock auto and see how it goes. If you need the lift mechanism, at least the door is already apart

Last edited by derf; 12-29-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:44 AM

Christmas day and O'Dark 30. Thanks Ruby, it's been a bit on the tough side. When your lady gets sick and normally things don't faze her too much it takes a while before it registers just how sick she is. She is at this point scared and I am pretty concerned my self. I can certainly understand the scared part, just this fall I was afraid to go to sleep because I was afraid I would not wake up. That heart attack I finally am recognizing was far more serious than I was lead to believe it was. I think the question is just exactly what can be done to improve things and the answer is still out there. And maybe the answer is not much, but I am not ready to buy into that one.
Did you get the window off of the lift mechanism? Those little round things should unscrew thus allow the lift mechanism (including the motor) be shipped with out the added weight of the window. The window has no value to me. The motor and the lift mechanism are usable at least to me. Lemme know what I owe you for this!! And merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:46 AM

I still haven't gotten the window off yet, Unc, but I'm still working on a couple of ideas. Channel Locks and Vise Grips are too thick to get a good grip on the round fasteners. I have an idea about how to build a tool for the job, but need to find an acceptable flat piece of metal to do what I have in mind. I WILL get it separated one way or another. Then I'll let you know what you owe me, shipping included. I did test the motor and it works in both directions and the mechanism works. At least lying on a flat piece of cardboard.