General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2005 vue door locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 03:29 PM
Default 2005 vue door locks not working

2005 vue. The button will unlock the doors, but it will not lock them. when you push the button to lock it the car chimes 3x and you hear a click in the fusebox area. I put a new fuse in with no change. The drivers door lock orange button/latch is frozen, you cannot manually lock or unlock it. The car came with no FOB, so i cant test it...should i get a new driver door lock actuator?

something else i find odd is the hatchback has no keylock. Its got a circle where the key would go, but its blank inside, so without the lock button working you cant lock the hatch either. The car has no fob

Last edited by Huggytree; 03-31-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

Don't know that I can address all the issues, but all power lock door lock systems should allow you to manually lock and unlock the doors from the inside. If one of those mechanisms is stuck in place, it may indicate that the rods connected to it in the door are fubar'd. I suspect one either became disconnected or partially disconnected and was then forced out of shape or somewhere it doesn't belong by the actuator, resulting in it being physically hung up such that it literally cannot move in either direction and is therefore preventing any motion of the little orange tab thingy part.

The driver door itself can still be locked, that would say to me that the driver's actuator is okay assuming I understand your description correctly. Okay in the sense that it performs the actual lock unlock function in spite of the rocks in the door being a jammed up mess.

Don't know how much a replacement fob would cost for that vehicle nor whether you would want to spend money on one, but that is always an option as a backup. As for the hatch with no keyhole, pretty much all of today's crossovers are like that. There is a trunk release or shall we say hatch release button on some of the fobs but not all. You would need to check with a GM dealer to see what is available if you indeed are in search of an alternate way to open the hatch.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:01 AM

the drivers door cannot be locked...you move the non-electrical door lock button and it works extremely hard(your forcing it) and it springs back to unlock....you cannot lock the hatchback as none of the doors will lock electronically.....im going to remove the door panel and look this weekend..we'd like to be able to lock our car and im hoping its a cheap/do it yourself fix. $100-150

Old 04-01-2021, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Ummmmm
Total misread in every possible way on my part. Apologies. I will reread your post later this evening and come up with a reply that hopefully matches the actual symptoms.

Again, my apologies.