Saturn Vue 2008 Green Line Won’t Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 08:30 AM
Default Saturn Vue 2008 Green Line Won’t Start

Hi! Brand new here so I hope I’m posting in the correct area.

My Saturn was running fine yesterday afternoon but, since it was extremely windy, I parked it in our driveway - which is on a hill (emergency brake on) instead of in the street, under a tree, where I usually park it.

This morning, I went out, and the alarm went off even though I used my remote to unlock it. After shutting that off, I pulled the emergency brake off, and found that I couldn’t push the brake down at all. I jiggled the emergency brake up and down a few times, messed with the key in the ignition, moved into “R” and “D” before going back to “P”, and nothing changed.

The car won’t turn over but the dashboard yellow light was flashing at me repeatedly, making a weird noise, and the check engine light came on. Please see attached video. When I turn the key once and leave it, the Stabilitrak and Traction Control say they need to be serviced now. Please see attached photo.

p.s. When I turn the key once and leave it, it says I have over a half tank of gas but that doesn’t seem right… so, I put a gallon of gas in it from the garage just in case being on a hill when the temps got down to below 30 degrees overnight affected it. We live in Texas so it’s rare that our car has to deal with these chilly temps. Nothing changed.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0338.MOV (12.26 MB, 3 views)
Old 01-16-2022, 02:12 PM

I also live in the east texas area.
Start with checking your battery.
I had a similar issue a few days ago on my dodge. This weather is killing batteries left and right (I work at a dealer).
my jeep also starts to develop weird codes when the battery is on its way out.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:32 PM

It worked! Thank you! New battery and new life in the car! I lived in the Midwest most of my life and have never had the cold affect a battery but I guess our car got spoiled by the heat over the last 2 years and wasn’t ready for yesterday’s wind and temps!

Originally Posted by DropDead
I also live in the east texas area.
Start with checking your battery.
I had a similar issue a few days ago on my dodge. This weather is killing batteries left and right (I work at a dealer).
my jeep also starts to develop weird codes when the battery is on its way out.

Old 01-16-2022, 08:19 PM

I understand. I am from the northeast originally.
It flurried a bit here yesterday. I was surprised to say the least.

Glad it fixed your problem!