Radiator Cross Reference

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Default Radiator Cross Reference

I'm in the process of repairing the damage my daughter did to the front of her (now hers', was mine!) 2007 Vue. I got all the body parts in the same color (!) from LKQ but the Vue I salvaged from was a 4 cylinder and hers is the 3.5 L V6 so I couldn't use the radiator or ac condenser. GMparts still has the condenser and fan assy but the radiator is no longer available. Does anyone know what other GM models us the same radiator? Where do you find cross reference information? Thanks...

Old 09-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Rock Auto has a list of replacement radiators for your car with the most expensive just over $100. I recommend a new one.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

2007 was the last of the 1st gen Vues. To the best of my knowledge, it would have been a 1st Gen Vue specific part since no other GM vehicles were using Saturn designed parts.

Looking at it from another perspective, that means most of the previous years' V6 Vues probably used the same radiator except maybe 2003..

I use gmpartsdirect.co (not com) and rockauto.com for part number and alternative part searches. partsdirect provides me with both GM part numbers and fitment for the part (all years it fits).
Rockauto carries quality stuff ,though some of the super cheap stuff I wouldn't buy.

15821838 is part number listed for radiator
Unfortunately, since it is no longer available, I can't get at the fitment info so I have to spin 180 on the approach and look up previous years individually or search by part number and see whart comes up,
2006 -- same part number
2005 - same part number
2004 - same part number.

this makes sense as 2004 was when the vue got the 3.5L V6 Honda engine and tranny. Earlier than that is a different radiator.
So Your (used options are 2004-2007 3.5L V6 vehicles, GM part number 15821838 .

Alternatives

RockAuto lists OEM GM parts (usually) if they have any in stock (new).

None for this one so they are out of this one for good.

The part nums listed on the first page are often only a PARTIAL listing of cross referenced manufacturer parts,
Press the INFO button for the full listing of the part numbers the unit is compatible with.
The original part num is listed as a valid cross ref for all but the denso; however the denso lists a cross reference that is also listed as a compatible part in one of the other two, along with the original part number
This is where it comes down to faith and personal decision.

I always look up some of the crossreferencees to see what vehicles they correspond to. Some times they are simply updated part numbers, sometimes to other GM vehicles.

I'd stay away from the economy ones for something this important.

I think the heart indicates what the majority of people buy but I am not sure.
'Press the INFO button to get the full list f cross reference part numbers.
Denso doesn't list the original part number as a cross ref, for the radiator, but one of the acceptable interchanges for one of the interchange numbers for the spectra premium .

So I look up 22722069 on gmpartsdirect to find it. Not there. ???
I get po'd and go to my last mega reference google. The sellers on here post much misinformation. The sellers on ebay claim it fits the 4 cyl and 6 cyl. Nope.
The gm sites state only 3.5 V6. I'LL STICK WITH THEM ON FITMENT.

Amazon lists 3010503 as a crosss ref. does not show as a gm part.

Other bizarre numbers show up on google that seem to claim part numbers listed elsewhere fit the 3.5 V6 Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Some are listed as fitting 2.2 and 3.5.

Headspinner.

Call a Chevy dealer and get price for ALL GM part numbers that they say fit. Then find them online and buy a cross ref for cheaper or a new one on ebay or amazon.

I tried

Last edited by derf; 09-03-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:30 AM

I agree with derf. I pulled up the pull-a-part website and using their interchange info, they show a 2004,2005,2006 and 2007 V-6 Vue all should interchange on the radiator.