Need a part for my saturn vue

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 10:43 AM
Default Need a part for my saturn vue

I am looking for a part for my 2007 Saturn Vue it’s called a splice pack SP113. I am unable to locate it or even locate the part number can anybody help me locate this part please.

Old 12-06-2022, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Is it a ground splice pack? If so it is part of the harness. I took a couple of mine apart and cleaned the connections.

Old 12-07-2022, 12:52 AM

It looks like this part but these are not the right ones

This is what I was told where the part goes and what the name of it is

Old 12-07-2022, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Those may be available as a repair harness pigtail from GM. If you have the Honda engine it also may be available from Honda.
Ford sells repair harness pigtails for most of their connectors, I would hope that GM would do the same.
there are some GM parts online but a dealer with a knowledgeable parts department would be much easier.

Old 12-07-2022, 10:33 AM

Thank you the mechanic already reached out to GM and they said that they don’t make that part anymore and they can’t get it. I can’t even get a part number from them so that I can at least try to locate it online. I was told it does have the same motor as a Honda. I don’t know whether or not my mechanic actually reached out to Honda to see if available but we need to find the actual part number in order to to locate the part anyways thank you for your response if you hear anything else please let me know.

Old 12-07-2022, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

There is always a wrecking yard.

Also, is the issue that it is physically damaged or that one of the connections is not continuous? I've never seen a splice pack that had a multi-pinned connector on the end that actually plugged into something else, but now I have. I'm thinking if it is just one wire that is the issue, you may be able to back the pin out with the proper pin release tool, redo the connection/replace the pin, and reinsert into the housing.

The fact that GM can't give you a part number sounds like BS to me. Somebody is too lazy to look it up. Try a Chevy dealership. And also try Honda. Just make sure you know exactly which engine it is or the parts guy will be less than happy. I believe there was only one Honda engine, the V6, that went into the Vues

Old 12-07-2022, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Your mechanic can also wire around the connector. We have to do that on our older trucks that have unobtainium parts.

Old 12-08-2022, 04:50 AM

I believe it’s a connection issue. What is happening is the engine light comes on when I’m turning my steering wheel from time to time it is shutting down the power, my radio will turn off and or turn off my lights. They both come back on though and I lose power steering that too is electric, so it is a connection issue, yeah I cannot figure out why the mechanic cannot get the part number from GM either I’m going to have to make some phone calls and see what I can find out. Yeah, my mechanic is not gonna take the time to redo the connector or that pin release that without charging me an arm and a leg I think I already talk to him about doing something like that, and he just kind of shook his head no

Old 12-08-2022, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

You do realize your car is 15 years old and GM washed their hands with Saturn 12 years ago. We have zero dealer support. If the problem is a poor connection at that plug find someone to wire around it. I have not diagnosed your problems but if they can all be traced to circuits that go through that one connector then it is a simple repair.

Old 12-08-2022, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kizma

It looks like this part but these are not the right ones

This is what I was told where the part goes and what the name of it is

can get you a used one with a few inches of wire this weekend from a boneyard. I will already be there to get some things for my van.