HAVC issue FIXED ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 10:13 AM
Default HAVC issue FIXED ?

I posted a HVAC issue w/ my XR a month ago..since I've tried a few things suggested..some conventional, some not so conventional
After going thru the button reset, discon the batt..etc...I pulled the glove box and the cabin filter..FILTHY..45,000 miles of junk...it basically was coated..how it breathed ..I'll never know...So..I pulled it..but left the filter bezel door OPEN..for quite while w/o filter...
It almost sounded like something was stuck in the vent somewhere around the left side center console fuse panel..sounded just like a card paper clipped to a bike hitting a spoke-remember those days...After a while it cleared up....A/C no longer pours out the floor vent. the vent dial works..vague...always has been..but works great..So I will install the new STP filter soon
and see what happens...without the clogged filter...there's a marked improvement in air velocity..even when I installed a new STP filter, the air flow was markedly improved. BIG TIME..I removed it anyway, just to see if the flapping returned, it didn't..So
For what ever reason, be it coincidence, whatever...it either rest itself..or it was a clogged filter that mucked everything up..I mean thick with gunk !
Update later after I run w/ filter back in and filter bezel door closed..

Last edited by 09VUEXR; 07-19-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for reporting back, glad you solved your hvac issue.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:10 PM

Sorry for the late response..I got locked out of my %^$^&*%$ )#$ Yahoo account..what a MESS..
I honestly have no idea what happened...I just removed the cabin filter that resides behind the glove box, and ran it open for awhile-left the glove box in the back....it seemed to eventually clear itself....
When you remove the filter, leave the filter door open..you cannot believe the change in the velocity of air that comes out the vents..blows your hair back !
So..maybe something was dislodged...??? I haven't put it all back together yet as it's been super H&H here..my wife drives the Vue and she loves the extra cooling power..I don't believe I'm hurting anything...
I'm relieved..I really like the Vue XR...not real happy going from an Impala SS and GN which I owned a while ago....but we needed something newer and kid friendly to go with our Chevy TB......
Still have my mint Triumph Daytona 955 SE !!!..

Old 07-25-2017, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Be sure to keep up with the info on the nhtsa.gov site:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2009/S...Communications

The section labeled Manufacturer's communications are what they used to call TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins). They have the recalls, investigations, manufacturer's communications, and complaints for all vehicles.