Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 08:54 AM
Default Door Locks

Hi all, having a problem with the door locks on my 09 Vue XE. First thing in the morning I can press the unlock on the key fob and the drivers door unlocks. Press it s second time and the other locks move a little but do not unlock, you have to reach each door and unlock it manually. When you press the button on the drivers door the same thing happens, so i am assuming that it is not the battery in the fob. Same thing it you put the key in the door handle and turn it once it unlocks the drivers door and twice you can hear the door locks try to unlock but no go.

I did some googling and it was suggested to replace the door lock relay, but I can not find it in the car. I ordered one on line but don't know where to replace it, checked both fuse boxes, behind the glove box and by the brake pedal.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Old 09-29-2020, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

See attached from the field service manual for the vehicle. I do not have it. I grabbed this from another Saturn site.

See this thread.

2009 Vue Power Door Locks - SaturnFans.com Forums

Door locks

Driver's door lock

Door ajar status

I'm attaching the thumbnails of the circuit diagrams above as you need to be a member of The forum to view attachments

Interesting text . Can you post a picture of what you purchased? I would also recommend you do the voltage sag test across the fuse as described. Also, what is the age of your battery?

Do you have this problem only when the vehicle is not running or is it also an issue while running? If this is the case it may be a battery issue. The BCM is also involved but it does not seem to be involved in a way that would make the actuators only partially move.

Please let us know what you find

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
09 Vue - Power Door Locks.pdf (14.5 KB, 209 views)
Old 09-29-2020, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

The first schematic indicates that the door lock relays are probably printed circuit board PCB based relays that are part of the Instr Panel junction box itself, or should I say they are not the pull and swap type. Hope I am wrong about that.

Again if not a battery issue, the actuators in the doors themselves may need to be given some TLC. I don't know much more than is in that thread . Actually I don't know anymore than is in that thread. Keep hunting the internet, particularly that site, for more explanations.