cigarette lighter socket

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 11:02 AM
Default cigarette lighter socket

I have a 2007 Saturn Vue and one (the front dash) of the three 12V aux power (cigarette lighters) is not working. The fuses are all fine. I've been looking online and it seems there is conflicting info as to which replacement fits the Vue. GM or Delco or Dorman, etc...????

Any insight would be great! Thanks

Old 05-04-2024, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Find the GM part number from an online GM parts place. Or go to a GM dealer and give them your VIN. Or use your VIN when online at the parts place. You should get the correct part number that way. GM ACDelco mix parts for GM.

Dorman is an aftermarket company not associated with GM or ACDelco, but they make a lot of very hard to find Saturn parts. Which is good because pretty much nobody else does.

I'm sure it was used across the entire GM line by that point so I would be surprised if a GM parts house doesn't have it in stock or if GM discontinued it.

It's a 12 volt power socket, not a cigarette lighter.
Unless it has the resistively heated a coil to let your cigarette with. I suppose if you stuck a piece of metal down in there, if you made a spark, there is a slim but finite chance that you could light a cigarette with it but I do not recommend this.

As for the non-function of your power outlet, sometimes they become a bit misshapen from insertion and removal of a charger. Sometimes the outer metal ground tabs do not make good contact with your adapter. Sometime the positive all the way down in the center gets corroded, especially from liquid spills, and doesn't make contact with whatever is inserted. Sometimes the clip that holds the wiring to the positive terminal which is usually behind the element gets dislodged. These are not the only possibilities, just the most likely.

Make sure you are checking the correct fuse for the accessory power port. They are not necessarily all on the same circuit.

Old 05-04-2024, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the info. I have the console removed and the 12V power socket out. About to test with a multimeter and see. The only two ports work fine so I assume the socket is individually bad. Once I have a good reading I will find the "hardest socket to find" as no parts store carries it. :-)

Old 05-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Default Last question

Thanks for the info. I have the console removed and the 12V power socket out. Tested with a voltmeter and I am getting 12V so then I ordered a part from GM --- General Motors 25774623 12 Volt Accessory Power Outlet Receptacle ---according to them this should work for my Vue. Fingers crossed. Thanks again

Last edited by psdrummin; 05-04-2024 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2024, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Where are you measuring that you measure 12V?
If it's the positive on the inside then the thing should work.....

Old 05-04-2024, 09:31 PM

I pulled socket out and tested the thingy that the socket clips into - whatever the wires run into...12V. I guess I'll find out when I put new one in tomorrow

Old 05-05-2024, 11:45 AM

Sounds like a dead socket to me too. As long as you have 12v to it, it SHOULD work. Get back to us and let us know.

Old 05-08-2024, 02:52 PM

It was a dead socket. I bought the new socket AND had to get the little bezel piece as it broke trying to get it off BUT now it works great and all put back together. Thanks!!

Now all I have to do is replace the front drivers seat belt - it had a cut in it and was duct taped when I bought it. Those pretensioner's are hard to find but I'm slowly finding them. :-)