3.5 vue resurrection

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 06:45 PM
Default 3.5 vue resurrection

Well. Since I can't give parts away off this thing, ill turn it into a work pig.
ordered a motor for it today for 350 shipped.
need to get an AC compressor to put the belt on. And either disconnect the driveshaft or get a new rear diff for it.

Have a hitch for it already.
gonna take a look at the suspension to see if i can lift it a few inches.

Its gonna get fully gutted. Strictly a yard truck. Gas station is close enough that i dont have to worry about inspection or registration. Literally I just need a beater to move stuff around the yard.

Also gonna be looking at making a belly pan for it.

Never did i think id be modding a vue to be a work pig. But whatevs. My new ion has a few bolt ons on the way and the motor is about ready to go into my other one.

Old 07-31-2020, 09:34 PM

Motor got delivered on Wednesday.
Old motor came out yesterday.

Replacing the plugs and thermostat before I drop it in to make life easier.
Waiting on new exhaust gaskets.
15 in trans cooler and 11in fan came in today as well. Imma run that inline with the stock radiator that has a trans cooler in it.
Last thing I need to order is wiring for the hitch. Apparently the parts one wasnt wired for a trailer.

I'll be swapping the nasty ugly beige interior and heated leather seats to the grey trim and cloth seats.

Its getting there. Once its up and moving Ill look at alternator upgrades and better brake pads.

Looking for ways to get more torque out of this motor too. Small turbo isn't an option as I can't tune. A friend of a friend said I could use a j37 upper and lower plenum+ heads. But doesnt have a dyno sheet to prove it gains torque