2008 Vue XE P00300

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 08:51 AM

Awesome, thank you. Ill go with an OEM upstream sensor then. If i get a code after that, then i KNOW its not a crapppy aftermarket part. The fuse blew when is started the engine up 3 times in a short period of time. On, off, on, off, then on

Its important to note the fuse has not blown since replaced so i do not feel there is a wiring issue in terms of a short. I agree its rare, i think it happened to me once in an old Toyota when i was a teenager, way back in 1993!!

Old 06-21-2022, 10:43 AM

Im telling you all..i cant win! My wife tells me after i ordered the new O2 sensor...

Wife - Oh i meant o tell you the CEL went off in the Saturn "
ME - what? When..why didn you tell me ?
Wife - i forgot to tell you i started the car yesterday and it was off
Me - Is it on now?
Wife - let me go see..
wife - No its still off. No CEL
Me - WTF, it was on for the last 3 days

Im telling you, never will a buy a GM again. The O2 is just the tip of the iceberg with this car, If i listed what I've had to replace since i bought it you would have all told me to junk it!

Old 06-21-2022, 08:04 PM

You couldn't GIVE me a Vue. An S series, oh yeah! LOL

Old 06-21-2022, 09:27 PM

Let's see where do I even start. 24 hours after I bought the vehicle there was oil all over the ground I brought it back to the dealership and I needed a new crank seal and two valve cover gaskets. In my 47 years on planet Earth I've never owned a car that needed a crank seal and I've owned some real **** boxes back in the day. Then as I'm driving it back to the dealership I hear funny noise coming from the passenger side strut and I'm told that the strut bearings are shot so they have to replace the struts and I also have a power steering leak that's going to be fixed. The dealership took almost a month to fix the car and I had a loaner the whole time. To be fair after that it didn't really have a problem for a while after that although the leak in the crank came back because a dealership mechanic did it and you know they all suck. But it's very slow and it doesn't concern me. Then the heater coil went and I wasn't ripping the whole dashboard out so that's two years ago I put that stop leak stuff in the radiator and that fix that problem. Let's see is there anything else that I can think of? Nope not right now! So yeah I'll never buy a GM again.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:29 AM

The crank shaft seal probably needs a sleeve. I'd dump that thing and get a good vehicle. I have a Kia Forte that I haven't had any real issues with that weren't easily remedied by me. The worst was that the coil on #2 cylinder went bad. I fixed it myself by purchasing one off Amazon for about $50. Five minute job. I will probably roll 124,000 miles today as I have to take my wife to Birmingham to see a doctor.

Old 06-22-2022, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Clearly there's a reason it was used as a trade-in.
Clearly there's a reason they didn't try to fix anything before selling it to you as a used vehicle.
Clearly it was likely not maintained by the previous owner.

That 6T70 transmission is also crap. Make sure it has either had the wave plate replaced or that you or aware of the extended warranty on the issue. If neither, dump it as a trade. I believe you have the 3.5 V6 because you had a bank 2 O2 sensor issue P0059 and bank 2 doesn't exist in a 4-cylinder. Also I remember you saying you have replaced both oxygen sensors. Since you have two banks of cylinders, you have two front o2s and two rear o2s. So you have only addressed half of them. Do not put Bosch o2s in Saturns. Just don't.

Old 08-09-2022, 12:05 AM

hey all upon reading all of this derf is correct in the fact that rickvee only replaced half the problem. bank 2 is the rear os sensor/s on the 3.0 liter and the 3.5 liter. I am assuming rickvee only replaced the front sensors not the rear as the rear is a PITA to get to. Rickvee sorry to say but I think you may have replaced the wrong ones. ON my 06 vue bank 2 is the rear, I have the 3.5l, in the 08 you have the 3.0 and its most likely the same.