2008 Vue XE P00300

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 10:10 AM
Default 2008 Vue XE P00300

Hi guys,

My 2008 Vue started to throw code P00300 according to the reader at Autozone. It said replace o2 sensor and then had many secondary codes P0035,P0050,etc..

The car started to stall out while driving losing power, bucking, etc and the AC died but i don't think the two are related

So i replace the upstream sensor myself..car is running much better but same codes come back. So i say whatever and also replace the downstream O2 sensor...codes come back!

So both O2 are replaced, any thoughts?/ maybe the CAT??

I really cannot afford a shop right now so id like to see if i can gett he part ad just do this myself.

Thanks guys!!

Old 06-14-2022, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Please go to AutoZone and get the codes read again.

Post All codes here:

Post as Pxxxx Bxxxx Uxxx, etc.
Please do not post the meaning of the code as shown by the reader. Just the code.

P0300 is for random misfire. Not sure how that got mutated into front o2 sensor.

Do you have the 2.4 or the 3.5 under the hood?
How many miles on vehicle?
Have you ever had similar issues with the vehicle?

Old 06-14-2022, 07:18 AM

Thanks for the reply. I've had the codes read a dozen times after clearing the ECU and its always the same thing on the AutoZone reader. I do see the P0300 is a misfire but when any car i have misfired it flashes the check engine light. In this case, the CEL is just on and to be honest after the o2 replacement the car is running much much better, in fact it hasn't stalled or bucked since. I attached the reader report. If its a misfire i guess i can start with new coil packs and plugs. Thanks again for replying..this is my wifes car and she is disabled so its super important i get this fixed. The sheet said replace o2, so i did.

Old 06-14-2022, 07:30 AM

When is the last time you did a plug change? I'd recommend you do that and get a bottle of Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner and add it to the gas tank. It won't hurt anything and just MIGHT help it some. But definitely replace the plugs with the factory recommended ones, not some high dollar multi tipped platinum crap that it won't run on.

Old 06-14-2022, 08:25 AM

I haven't replaced the plugs. I go this car from a dealer as a trade in when it had 68K in 2016. For all i know they have never been done. But the sheet doesn't call for a misfire like my other cars have. But i can do the plugs they look like a pain in the *** to get to in the back. Its been a good car up until a month ago when this all started

Old 06-14-2022, 09:16 AM

Note on the Autozone printout that the code is P0030, not P00300 or P0300. That does translate to an O2 sensor heater circuit, as do P0050 and P0053 (transcription of P0035?) mentioned in the original post. Is there a common power source for the O2 sensor heaters?

If it is set up like an Ion with the 2.4 engine, there is a common power source for the O2 sensor heaters -- fuse 10 (15 amp), marked EMISS, in the underhood fuse panel. Heater is controlled by PCM. (Note that fuse number may be different on the Vue, look for the tag EMISS or EMISSIONS.)

Last edited by oldmarine; 06-14-2022 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the reply. i just went out and pulled the fuse cover under the hood. Nothing says anything like EMISS...

I took apic you can see pretty well. If you zoom in you can see whats labeled. maybe im missing something here..

One thing to note. if i disconnect the battery the car doesn't have the check engine light until i turn the car off and back on again. i drive around for a bit and it stays off. then it comes back on but its only after i shut down after removing the battery cable. i also did clear codes with the code reader instead of pulling the cable but that also didn't help

Last edited by rickyvee; 06-14-2022 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:36 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have wiring diagrams for a Vue. But I'm going to guess that the corresponding fuse is one of the three labeled ENG-1, ENG-2, and ENG-3 on the lower left. Check and make sure these three are intact. If so, you may need to investigate issues with the wiring going to the O2 sensors, or the connectors on the sensors themselves.

Old 06-14-2022, 10:52 AM

Well, well, well..you were SPOT ON! ENG 3 fuse blown. Replaced with spare and CEL IS GONE!!! Hopefully it doesn't blow again but if it does i at leas know where the issue is. Now..have to see why my AC isn't working but im hoping that's just a recharge!!

Thanks again!!!
​​​​​​​

Old 06-14-2022, 11:40 AM

I originally posted a response but it said it need to be moderated??

Anyways....YOU ARE THE KING!! THAT WAS THE ISSUE!!

ENG Fuse 3 blown, replaced and CEL gone! At least now i have 2 new O2 sensors that will last longer than the car and the cost was $40 bucks for both and manual labor.

THANKS AGAIN!!! Now i just gotta get the AC working..hope its just a recharge...

Quick Reply: 2008 Vue XE P00300