02 saturn vue v6 awd won't crank

Old 04-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Banned
Default 02 saturn vue v6 awd won't crank

Hi guy I'm new here. Ought my 02 saturn vue a week ago with a blown motor I replaced the blown motor with another good motor I could crank it by hand before I put the motor in now the motor installed and I can't spin it by hand now and when I try to crank the starter just makes a clunk noise and nothing any ideas would be great thanks

Old 04-14-2016, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

first thought is an issue with the tranny not mating properly w the engine resulting in the flywheel being bound up (stuck), preventing rotation of the engine

Old 04-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by derf
first thought is an issue with the tranny not mating properly w the engine resulting in the flywheel being bound up (stuck), preventing rotation of the engine
That's what I was thinking but everything going went together smooth but in the morning I'll disconnect the motor and trans and see if I can spin it

Old 04-15-2016, 06:38 AM

I agree with derf. Did you swap the engine from a manual shift to an automatic or vice versa, by any chance? It could just be the difference of a pilot bearing binding, if that's the case. If not, then maybe it's just not properly aligned.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
I agree with derf. Did you swap the engine from a manual shift to an automatic or vice versa, by any chance? It could just be the difference of a pilot bearing binding, if that's the case. If not, then maybe it's just not properly aligned.
My car is auto and the new motor I got is auto also

Old 04-15-2016, 01:23 PM

Did it all free spin before you installed it, or did you just check the engine? Sounds like you have something in a bind. But, I'm not a mechanic and don't know anything.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Did it all free spin before you installed it, or did you just check the engine? Sounds like you have something in a bind. But, I'm not a mechanic and don't know anything.
Hey guys it was my torque converter stopping the engine from spinning over got it fixed and car started had miss fires on 1,3,5 swapped coil pack and car wouldn't start at all so I swapped the old one back in and now I'm not getting any fuel

Old 04-17-2016, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Clear the codes and start again.

Swap the 13 5 coil w the 246 coil (both that were in the car when 1 3 5 misfire was occurring.

If the misfire follows he coil, the ignition coil ( now 2 4 6 is misfiring, coil is bad

There us also a known issue regarding the intake manifold bolt torque

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/BO...take_botls.pdf

don't know if you are reusing the old gasket and or if you are using a torque wrench to meet torque specs

Last edited by derf; 04-18-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:39 AM
Banned
Default Update to problems

I swapped coil pack and it's bad but I have 2 vacuum lines idk where they go can some one text me ill send pics of lines I can't post them 2197894559 thanks
Originally Posted by derf
Clear the codes and start again.

Swap the 13 5 coil w the 246 coil (both that were in the car when 1 3 5 misfire was occurring.

If the misfire follows he coil, the ignition coil ( now 2 4 6 is misfiring, coil is bad
The coil pack is bad also I have to vacuum lines I can't remember where they go I'm going to try to send pics or if some one can text me ill send them pics
There us also a known issue regarding the intake manifold bolt torque

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/BO...take_botls.pdf

don't know if you are reusing the old gasket and or if you are using a torque wrench to meet torque specks

Old 04-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure the car will not run if you swap the coil packs. The front set costs about $20 more than the rear. I read somewhere probably here the the front set contains the ignition module. I would use the coil packs from the junk engine but put them where they belong.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 saturn vue v6 awd won't crank