Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

still got that darn miss

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Banned

OK. I replaced the temp sensor and the plug for it but I still got the acceleration miss after it warms up. (does it matter which wire goes to which, it''s a 2 wire sensor and they''re both white) Whenever I push on the accelerator it misses or, you might say, hesitates once and then runs good. Also when I am at interstate speed and press on the acc. it does it. It will cruise along at 65-70 just fine. The guy at auto zone told me to look at the fuel pressure regulator and I did but it had no fuel leaks and how can one tell if the diaphragm in it is bad or not. And wouldn''t that make it run bad regardless of engine temp.? The temp gauge shows the indicator at just shy of 1/2 way point. Other parts replacedlugs,wires,both O2 sensors,fuel filter. wiped the throttle plate clean. I''m really getting frustrated. Please help. caldi

Old 09-15-2008, 09:50 AM

Thats really wierd that it wouldnt have been fixed with anything youve already done. Your engine temp seems fine so that seems to be working. Are the plugs gapped correctly?

Old 09-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Banned

yesterday I replaced the cat. conv. and it needed it ''cause the old one didn''t have anything in it. you could see right thru it. BUT, it didn''t take care of the problem. plugs are gapped correctly. i also cleaned the MAP sensor with MAP sensor cleaner and pulled the throttle position sensor and checked it for smooth OHM changes while turning it with a screwdriver. also pulled the AIC and cleaned it and checked the spring. Maybe I have a hole or leak in the vacuum? I''m still at a loss. caldi

Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Banned

Caldi -

The possibility of an intake manifold air leak is one of the traditional problems with acceleration stumble. A vacuum gage would be of assistance here

Old 09-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Banned

I thought it might be that the mounting surface for the coils was dirty, not getting a good ground, so I took a wire brush to it and also to the aluminum base on the module and cleaned them up real good but to no avail. I rechecked the connections to the CTS and it is sending the right temp signal.(I thought I just might have purchased a faulty one) I''m just going to keep plugging away till I come up with the answer. Thanks for inputting your suggestions. Caldi