Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Restraint Module - Circuit Card

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by derf
Or he could swap over to a fixed belt config (as you pointed out in the other current post)....if a functional part can''''t be located...
Exactly.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned

Darn rain has kept me inside, and out of the local wrecking yards today (Saturday). Here in Mississippi, the yards do not open on Mondays, so it will be Tuesday before I can look up the module. Sorry for the delay ...

Old 01-10-2009, 06:01 PM

I appreciate the suggestions on the seatbelts! The only issue is, the garage says this module also playsa role in the airbags operation, and I dont want to compromise her airbag system. Freezing teh seatbelts would be a great solution otherwise though!

Archer: You dont want to go swimming through a muddy junkyard? i cant possibly imagine why I have found a guy that is willing to part with his 94 about an hour and a half away from me, and is willing to let me take that part. I am going tomorrow so if i get the part, you will have to come up with another excuse to roam around the junkyard

Old 01-10-2009, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by UTKaviator

I appreciate the suggestions on the seatbelts! The only issue is, the garage says this module also plays a role in the airbags operation, and I dont want to compromise her airbag system. Freezing teh seatbelts would be a great solution otherwise though!
It has nothing to do with airbag operation. The airbag will operate as normal with or without the module in place.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UTKaviator

I appreciate the suggestions on the seatbelts! ...(snip)...

Archer: You dont want to go swimming through a muddy junkyard? i cant possibly imagine why I have found a guy that is willing to part with his 94 about an hour and a half away from me, and is willing to let me take that part. I am going tomorrow so if i get the part, you will have to come up with another excuse to roam around the junkyard

OK ... if this fella will part out his ride, that might even be a better deal. I will wait to hear if the transaction went through ...

Old 01-11-2009, 03:31 PM

no go on the car up here....the guy sold the whole car before i left to go get it....i suppose teh junkyard search continues...

Old 01-19-2009, 05:14 PM

Still having no luck with locating this part anywhere....ive tried calling craigslist people that are selling their car with hopes that i could barter beer for a glance at this circuit card but it seems no one really is keen on that idea....understandably so i suppose...

Anybody here have a 1994 Saturn SL2 that wouldnt mind looking under their center console at this part??? or has greater power than I to locate a whole module somewhere??

Thanks....very much

Old 01-19-2009, 06:03 PM

Dang, and I went to three junkyards today. Saw about 75 Saturns, 3/4 of which were 91-94''s

Old 01-19-2009, 06:47 PM

My junkyard sucks, every time they get a part in this guy that works on saturns buys it immediately and doubles the price to sell it. I think he goes to the yard every morning.[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]

I do need the restraint module too, now that low has shown me how to take it off. (much appreciated)

Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned

jfm567

Just closing the loop with you. The three 94s in my area all have had the circuit card removed already. I will expand my search area, if you wish ...

Quick Reply: Restraint Module - Circuit Card