Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Need some help and advice.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 07:07 AM
Default Need some help and advice.

I'm wanting to put an oil catch can on my 93 Saturun sl??.... Any ideas on what would be good???. Thank you. Also my stock gage cluster is not working and I'm wanting to custumise or change that out. Any ideas on what I can do for that??...

Old 03-21-2019, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Dude,

Please post in the Saturn S series Sedan subcategory in the forum, not the new member area.
Also, please use a title for each post that describes the subject matter. Searching on post subjects will miss your stuff every time and just makes it harder to search the forum.
Thanks.

How many miles on that 93? Numbers matching (orig engine)?

Not playing jacka$$ (right now), but why do you want to put a catch can under the hood? If everything else is working fine, tall you should get is a bit of oil. If you are getting a bunch more and some black gunk, you PCV prob needs to be replaced. Use an OEM pcv if you can find it. Aftermarket ones are known to pass too much oil.

The general consensus is that they are not really necessary on these cars.

PCV oil catch can--is it really necessary? - SaturnFans.com Forums

---

Gauge cluster

For a while, white-faced gauge inserts were all the rage. Don't know that you could find any these days. Plus you'd have to "fix" the existing cluster. If it's just the bulbs you can remove, rebulb, and reinstall. Check cluster fuse and corrosion where the connector attaches to the back of the cluster. I rebulbed my 97SC2 and that connector was bonded on solid with corrosion. Be patient and use only sparing amounts of electrical contact cleaner. The working quarters scream at you to use a flat bladed tool to pry it off with force because your hands can't get at it very well.

Actually had my small handed wife work the thing off as she could get at it.

If not that, then you might want to track down the circle racing bunch of Saturn S car series owners who undoubtedly have made their own racing clusters to fit their needs.