Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Basic remote starter passlock2 question

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Banned
Unhappy Basic remote starter passlock2 question

AT this point I have looked all over the internet for 2 years and each winter simply cut the white wire while the car is running to kill the passlock 2 system in winter. I however have owned an idatalink ads-alca that has never functioned correctly. I used this guide http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/cor...2_20110914.pdf
At the module programming procedure where it is supposed to turn solid green, it goes red, I then manually hit the program button and it goes green.

My only theory is that I have the pink + ignition input wrong vs the remote starter http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...2-08%20web.pdf
I have tried it on (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT and (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:57 AM

Soooo, what's the question here, Darren. I'm not a mechanic nor an electrician, but maybe just install a flip switch on the white wire and use it?

Old 11-28-2016, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

I assume Passlock II must crap out every winter. That's not good.

What I don't understand is--- how can you expect to successfully hook up a remote starter to bypass a dysfunctional Passlock II system with a problem of unknown origin? If it is not acting as advertised AND you don't know in WHAT WAY it is not functioning correctly, how can you predict its behavior while trying to bypass it? You still need to wire in the ignition switch to the system, and if the voltages from a screwed up Passlock system are not what they should be, I would tend to think that would cause no end of frustration.

I would first figure out IN WHAT WAY the Passlock is dysfunctional, THEN see via the wiring diagrams if it will affect the operation of your remote start. I am GUESSING ignition cyl or switch based on winter lack of operation and the fact thatboutput fr the ign assembly (yellow wire) is needed as an input to communicate and bypass the ignition switch, which to me looks more like a "fake signal" sent to the passlock wire to keep it happy.

The PCM and Ignition transfer information through the BCM in which the theft deterrent module is embedded (guessing since you did not list vehicle). If the passwords don't match or the data never gets through to one side or the other via the BCM, you're hosed.

You have a remote start system that does not function correctly.

Is it the remote start system that is malfunctioning or the attempted installation on a car with unknown Passlock issues?
------------------
Furthermore, you attached an LC3 transponder remote start schematic from a Python system and a similar schematic for an iDatalink system.

I'm about as far as it comes from a security /remote start guy, but don't these two systems perform the same function w r t remote starting?

--------------
If you do not post

Year model mileage
of your Saturn
AND YOUR QUESTION

within 24 hours,
this thread goes bye bye