Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Autocrossing a SL2?

Old 06-28-2005, 10:00 AM

Does anybody do autocross here? I am new to the sport and will be using a SL2 to learn all about driving on the course (to save my Mazda). So I want to know about the Saturn performance, how is the aftermarket products for handling? Any comments welcome, thanks ahead, Scott.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Administrator

well, with enough money, you can turn a lawnmower into a great autoX vehicle. it comes down to, how much money do you want to spend on this?

Old 06-29-2005, 11:38 PM

I probably won't spend much, work on my fabricating skills with this car and just drive it for fun and learning until it falls apart, shouldn't take long.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:58 PM

if you're new to the sport, keep itstock or close to it for at least a season, that way you can gain some experience and not get thrown in categories with much more experienced competitors

Old 07-13-2005, 01:43 PM

Yeah that was the plan, I have been autoxing my mazdaspeed protege, but I want to become a better driver without ruining that car, so I am going to drive my wife's old SL2 until it dies, keeping it stock and I'll do a few diy mods, nothing too noticable with the exception of boring the tb a little, removing the ac and a little extra weight, i dont mind going up against better people, that will help meget better, this will also be my grassroots motorsports car probably. thanks for the advice though

Search this Thread