Crank No Start problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 09:11 AM

I haven't had the car the entire time but since we have owned it the oil was changed at normal intervals and we only used Mobil 1 full synthetic. Unfortunately I can't speak for previous owner. Seemed very clean and well maintained when purchased. I guess I'll pull/push it in the garage and get started. Thanks guys.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

It appears the Outlook engine is a 275 HP variant of the 3.6 l V6 known as the LY7. As for Saturns, it was available for the XR versions of the Aura, Outlook, and Vue and was produced 2008 to 2009. Though I have also seen the LLT listed for the 2009 Outlook MY. Welcome to Wikipedia.

The Chevy Malibu offered a 252 HP version of the LY7 from 2008 to 2012.

The Captiva offered in 2012 I believe only had the 2.4 ecotec or the 3.0 V6 origin unknown.

So your best bet for finding new and improved part design is likely through the Chevy Malibu tech service bulletins as well as the Saturn Outlook tech service bulletins.

There is some connection with the Chevy equinox as well but I am too lazy to look it up right now. I think I've already given you a good head start.

Food for thought

Old 08-04-2020, 08:31 PM

Derf, thank you for the help. I'll start digging a little deeper and see what my best option is.

Old 08-07-2020, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Here is a basic layout of your engine.
I don’t see a oil nozzle listed so look it over closely.

Old 01-16-2022, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Waynebruner
I haven't had the car the entire time but since we have owned it the oil was changed at normal intervals and we only used Mobil 1 full synthetic. Unfortunately I can't speak for previous owner. Seemed very clean and well maintained when purchased. I guess I'll pull/push it in the garage and get started. Thanks guys.
Did you ever figure out what it was? I also have a 2008 outlook. Mine also started giving me messages about stability track and traction control. I took my daughter to school in the morning then I left for work later that afternoon then went to come home at lunch and it won't start. My brother checked and it isnt throwing any codes..

Old 01-16-2022, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Belles
Did you ever figure out what it was? I also have a 2008 outlook. Mine also started giving me messages about stability track and traction control. I took my daughter to school in the morning then I left for work later that afternoon then went to come home at lunch and it won't start. My brother checked and it isnt throwing any codes..
It was the timing chains. They had stretched and were slipping. Replaced and all is running well since.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Compression test

Old 01-21-2022, 04:30 PM

So I have same code C0561-71 on my 2008, Aura, 3.5L V6
Through data logger ("Launch") I can see all 4 wheel speed sensors are reporting good data (similar speeds on straightaway... low and high speed)
First thought was one of the 4 sensors crapped out on me. Dash info is showing "ESC disabled" with the TSC fault light on.
DTC reports "System Disabled Information Stored Invalid Serial Data Received"
Any ideas ?

Old 01-21-2022, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

See post 2

Old 01-24-2022, 11:04 AM

Hi derf,
Thanks for quick reply
I had read post #2, but as this thread is mostly about 'no start' situation, I think this is not relevant for me.
Car starts and runs great. Just annoying trouble lights and ESC evidently dissabled.
I am trying to figure out how to troubleshoot EBCM. As I said, I have data/evidence the wheel speed sensors are working correctly.
EBCM is a little expensive to just guess/swap and hope for the best. Is there someplace I can find what other modules feed data into the EBCM ?
Or how to determine if this module is faulty itself.
Not sure if I am asking the right questions... electronic faults are hard to trace.

Quick Reply: Crank No Start problem