please help.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:39 AM

you didnt read any of my prior psts??? i already said no spark and it has fuel pressure. how u going to get smart but not read my prior posts. ok lets get basic and ask those questions??? i psted all my problems. lets get basci dont reply til you read all the posts in a thread. thanks anyways derf.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Oh I read all the posts -- would be easier to follow if they agreed with each other....

Originally Posted by austin13
wouldnt start after i turned it off and filled it with 5$.... wont start. we checked the fuel pressure. that was good. we here the fuel pump when turning (sic) the key on...... i dont think i m getting a spark. it turns over. ...... i get codes on the scan gun readin o2 sensor and multiple misfires. .....
but then

Originally Posted by austin13
also after i put the gas in the car did start but it was shaking seeming like it was running out of gas. i tried revving it up it did and then died. never started again..

It didn't start but WAIT, it did..... (?!!)
i dont think i m getting a spark. Ok -- but DID YOU ACTUALLY CHECK?

So which is it? Did it start or didn't it. Hard to start a car without spark... Maybe it did then but doesn't anymore?
____
Go pull each plug and CHECK FOR SPARK.
____
Did you ever pull an injector to see if fuel is actually getting to the cylinders? Did you check for an injector pulse? HOW did you verify fuel pressure? At the shrader valve on the fuel line?

Sorry -- I failed clairvoyance in college....

This is not a carbeurated 71 Firebird.

Originally Posted by derf
please post exact P Codes (Pxxxx)

GO READ THE CODES AGAIN.

So THAT's why I'm asking you "basic" questions. I was trying to be polite ---but since you see no reason to continue to be, neither do I.

I love when people post vague, contradictory stuff, don't supply requested information and then get all sarcastic and defensive when others try to politely help them.

Fret not...I've dealt with people orders more rude than you.....

and please don't respond until you perform all the steps in this post and can supply all the information requested/re-requested.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:47 PM

you didnt ask for the codes again. dont change your words now. you asked does it have spark and fuel. which i already answered those two questions. but anyway. it skipped timing. and now all the valves are bent with no compression to the engine. im replacing the engine .

Old 11-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

dude --

I shouldn't have to ask for anything twice when trying to help someone.
And I did ask you again in my last post. And you never did post the codes.

And clearly the reason I asked those questions is completely lost on you.
-----------
Anyway -- sorry your engine went bent.

Did someone verify that all the valves are bent? Is there any damage to the lower end?

My point is that you may be able to reuse the bottom end if there is no damage and just replace the head.....

Food for thought

Old 11-25-2009, 06:12 AM

Why can't we all just get along?

Old 11-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

I'm trying, Hoseppi -- but I can't control how others respond to genuine attempts to help them....

The dude never did provide the requested information for me to help him further, then got all bent when I asked him some basic questions -- the reasoning behind which I further explained in an attempt to further help this gentleman -- even though he copped an attitude and while continuing to not supply any requested information.

Did I ban him from the site? Of course not. We're all entitled to express ourselves -- if he decides to cop an attitude towards someone who's trying to help, then he's gonna get some attitude right back.

Note that, per my post, I'm still trying to help this dude by possibly saving him $$ on the repair cost by reusing the bottom end of his engine if possible.

And I will continue to try to help this dude as often as he comes back -- in spite of his attitude. Unless he gets vulgar or offensive.

This site is and will continue to be about helping other people --- but you can only help people that truly want to be helped and participate in the troubleshooting steps you ask of them.....

Old 11-25-2009, 10:28 PM

Hey Derf you have helped me out with a few problems and Just so you know there are a lot of us that truly appriciate the fact there are people like yourself that can help us others with both simple and complicated problems. Just thought you deserved a little credit....Thanks again for all the advice........

Old 11-26-2009, 07:15 AM

I'm going to have to go with the guy with the most posts on this one- as usual. I'm thinking that since you are texting and then proofreading, there is really no excuse to get too arrogant before you send the final draft. I like to stir the pot myself but if someone is sincerely trying to help me, I try not to be my usual bonehead self..try a dash of humility...you may enjoy the results. On a brighter note, check out my profile pic. to see how I put a 14' Christmas tree in the house on Sunday.

Last edited by hoseppi; 11-26-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
Wink

Hos -- that's a wicked big tree... do you own the bucket truck?
If so, I have some trim on my house that need's repainting....

Thanks for the validation, guys....you know I'm totally dependent on it for my self-worth .

In all seriousness, thanks. I really do enjoy helping people around here as much as I can -- otherwise I wouldn't keep coming back. I don't know everything, and I don't pretend to. I try to keep errant advice to a minimum so as not to waste people's time.

A shot over the bow in jest once in a while keeps things interesting around here....so keep stirring, hoseppi.....

and Austin -- you're always welcome back here.....attitude or not......

Old 11-26-2009, 11:18 AM

Yeah man, it's my bucket truck. Got it off Craigs List earlier this year.I only had to rebuild 1 hyd cylinder on it- now it works perfectly. I've got too many toys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: please help.