please help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Default please help.

hello my name is austin. i have a 2001 L300. i drove it to the gas station and put 5 dollars in and it wouldnt start again. it drove fine to the station but wouldnt start after i turned it off and filled it with 5$. i got it towed to the house. where me and pops looked over it. we thought cloged fuel filter. we changed that. no help. then we thought water in gas. we got dry gas and put it in the tank. and changed all six spark plugs thinkin they fouled. still nothing. wont start. we checked the fuel pressure. that was good. we here the fuel pump when turing the key on. we sprayed either in the intake. and nothing. i dont think i m getting a spark. it turns over. my batt is good. lights on inside and out. i get codes on the scan gun readin o2 sensor and multiple misfires. can anybody help me out.
thanks for your time

Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 PM

and i dont think it would be the pcm cause im getting codes to the scan gun. if the pcm was down would i still get codes to the gun?

Old 11-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

please post exact P Codes (Pxxxx). How many miles on vehicle?

Old 11-04-2009, 06:59 PM

96000 miles on car. the codes were for multiple misfies. memory in the pcm. cps came up too. also o2 sensor. also after i put the gas in the car did start but it was shaking seeming like it was running out of gas. i tried revving it up it did and then died. never started again. i dont know the exact codes. my dad did it and he not home right now. i kn ow he said memory in pcm the cps came up o2 sensor and multiple misifires.

thank you very much for your time.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:01 PM

im thinkin either the pcm is shot. or the cps or the coil pack. im tryin not to take to a dealer. too expensive. i just ordered a used pcm. will i have to reflash it. even if it came off the exact car?? do you think its the cps or coilpacks??

Old 11-04-2009, 07:04 PM

fore all this i scanned the car. and all that came up was o2sensor. i scanned it cause service engine light came on

Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

a bad crank position sensor will often inhibit spark ... I'd start with that......

02 sensor (front) will often make the air fuel mix horribly rich when its been contaminated....

wait till you replace the cps before you go on a parts swapping spree....if you replace more than one thing at a time, you'll never know what actually fixed your problem-- and it will make it near impossible for us to help you.....

also note that the multiple misfire code could have been a side effect of the cps dying and the pcm not knowing where the crank was in its rotation -- since you indicated the car was sputtering the one time it did restart, this is possibly when that code was set......

Last edited by derf; 11-09-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:41 AM

well had to get it towed to a shop nearby. as of now. there saying a camshaft position sensor. well see tomorrow when the part comes.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:56 PM

its not the camshaft position sensor. does anyone have a clue. thanks for your time.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Ok -- let's get basic.

1) does it have spark?
2) does it have fuel?

Quick Reply: please help.