Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l-series-sedans-wagons-26/)
-   -   Rear springs (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l-series-sedans-wagons-26/rear-springs-11600/)

Rubehayseed 02-03-2023 06:26 AM

Well, I have five years on you and have a bad back among other issues, but I still like pulling my own wrenches too. A little over 3 years ago, I helped a buddy in FL do an engine swap on a Chevy Sonic. He screwed it up changing the timing belt and DIDN'T have a clue what the hell he was doing. Send me an email address and I can show you pictures of what his engine looked like and why it had to be replaced! I've had two brain surgeries and am not very computer savvy. I can't figure out how to get pictures from my phone to this forum.

matthewkrivec 02-03-2023 11:36 AM

I posted because I spoke with at least a dozen parts suppliers and none mentioned the crossover compatability of L series with Saab 9-5 or Vauxhall Opel Vectra. There are no rear coils available for L series online, in fact I just sold the coils I had fabricated which were too soft on Ebay last week and today sold the one last remaining in stock GM rear coil I bought from a WI GM dealer which I used as a proto type when having the new coils fabricated( which were too soft)
Somehwere online I read about Saturn platform being same as Saab/Vauxhill so then I looked up coils/parts for same year on those models and took a chance. and it paid off!
obviously people are still fixing these cars because I solf the old coils within a few weeks on Ebay...

Rubehayseed 02-03-2023 11:41 AM

You may have read some of that from our L Series guru, Andy. He's a veritable fountain of knowledge about those things and knows about the Saab and Opel connections. So does Billy, aka DropDead.

matthewkrivec 02-03-2023 11:45 AM

I think yes, I did read that here...in fact I just ordered a bushing removal tool from Europe for the Saab/Vauxhill rear suspension for $46 so I can fix the trailing arm play and they were great pics depicting the whole process🙂

DropDead 02-03-2023 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed (Post 70375)
You may have read some of that from our L Series guru, Andy. He's a veritable fountain of knowledge about those things and knows about the Saab and Opel connections. So does Billy, aka DropDead.

I don't know nuffin about nuffin

02 LW300 02-03-2023 11:54 PM

Ha! Billy don’t sell yourself short, you know quite a bit and are a major contributor here.

derf 02-04-2023 02:38 PM

The dude can cook that's for sure.

And Charlie, you told me three brain surgeries. I think you forgot one

DropDead 02-04-2023 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 02 LW300 (Post 70378)
Ha! Billy don’t sell yourself short, you know quite a bit and are a major contributor here.

I know a little about a lot.

Rubehayseed 02-05-2023 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 70382)
The dude can cook that's for sure.

And Charlie, you told me three brain surgeries. I think you forgot one

First one didn't count, derf. That's where they tried to make me politically correct! LOL