Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons L100, L200, L300, LW200, and LW300

New member...just checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 07:30 PM

LOL! I’ve known my fair share of criminals & losers over the yrs but not many from Robertson co...just cuz I moved to Montgomery co when I turned 18...I also got homeschooled 7th-9th grade then my parents paid for me to go to Clarksville high school for 10-12th because I got in a lot of trouble going to Jo Burns in Robertson co! That school was k-12 all in one school & only offered Ag in HS bk then! I was (still am) a tiny person & got picked on by all those cornbread fed hefty kids so I got into a few fights in 5th-6th grade! Plus I had no intention of becoming a farmer & wanted to take art courses in HS! Ironically I ended up living in the country as an adult, raising animals & gardening & actually love it! Still love art tho & my creativity has helped me in every aspect of my life! My kids say I can fix anything! Lol! The rubber earbud piece is holding up nicely on the shifter cable btw! Lol! What’s ur ex-family’s last name? I might’ve went to school with one or 2 of em bk then!

Old 08-03-2018, 07:49 AM

Patterson. It's a Scotch-Irish name that means cursed! LMAO

Old 08-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Spot-on, I'd say

Old 08-03-2018, 11:29 AM

Oh wow! That’s too funny! I didn’t know that! I don’t remember any Patterson’s from Robertson co but my son went to school with a girl here in Montgomery co with that last name & she was crazy! Lol!

Old 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM

Well, none of my nieces or nephews went to school there in Montgomery County, but I'm not going to say it couldn't be a distant relative. LOL And I was being facetious about the meaning, but derf knows me and the wife, so I can't tell him to be quiet. Right, derf? LOL

Old 12-02-2018, 06:07 AM
Default It’s been a lil bit!

Its been a lil bit since I posted on here...figured I’d drop a line! Lol! Having some issues with this Saturn again! Ugh! Just had to replace both front tires...one right after the other (literally just changed a flat yesterday)! Then tonight it started wobbling with a short jerk as I was driving down the road! I thought one of the tires I just put on it had blown or had a busted belt or something but I pulled over, checked the tires & they were fine! Then when I got bk in it & got bk out on the road, it had stopped & drove fine! I’m still worried tho cuz that can’t be normal...something’s about to go out on the front end...anybody have any ideas what it could be? Wheel berrings or ty rod maybe? Really don’t wanna get stuck somewhere!

The blower motor on the heater has been trying to go out too & well it just decided it’s done working today as well! It’s always something! The blower was only working on full blast for awhile, then in the last week or two would kick off and on...now it won’t even defog the windshield!

Old 12-02-2018, 07:06 AM

Jack the car up one wheel at a time with enough clearance to get your hand under it. Put your hands at 1200 and 600 position and try to move it. It could be ball joints are loose if it wobbles. Then put your hands at 900 and 300 position and try to move it. If you get side to side motion, check your tie rods. As for the blower motor, Pull A Part in Nashville has a LOT of Saturns you can pull one from.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:46 AM

Thanks! I’ll definitely try that with the tires! & as for the blower motor...I got to looking around on other threads earlier after I posted that & I think I’m gonna check the wires behind the radio first! I noticed several other ppl have had the same problem, especially how it was acting before it just stopped working & said that they found a cluster of wires (10-12) in one plug where 1-2 of the wires (possibly ground wires) had gotten hot & melted! This car I have has terrible wiring problems (bad when we got it) & my mom swears she has already replaced everything that has to do with the heater. My cousin also told me that bk when they were doing all of the heater stuff trying to get it to work then that they had done something else (ignition work I think) & it suddenly started working again on high so they quit messing with it! Always better to start with simple, cheap stuff first!

Old 12-02-2018, 07:58 PM

Has anybody in this thread ever pulled the radio & temp control panel? I pulled them to check the wires & found a gold threaded ground wire that wasn’t attached to anything at one end & other end was attached to the bar that runs vertically behind all of that stuff (radio, heater, etc)! I have no idea what it supposed to be attached to! Additionally I discovered that the blend door is broken, the actuator was just laying on the panel under the glove box attached only by wires to the blend door (not properly mounted to it) & there is a larger “plug-in” (than the one going into the actuator) attached to the wires that is not plugged into anything! The **** on the control panel (floor, dash vents, defrost, etc) makes a white plastic part move (motor controlled turn) but the moving part is not attached to the actual blend door & I can see a metal bar in there which looks like that how it was attached to that motor then it looks like the actuator should be mounted to the other side of the blend door axle! That being said I’m not exactly sure what the actuator would doconsidering it looks as if the other side would open & shut the door...is there a way to tell if the actuator works too so I will know if i have to buy of those along with the new blend door!?

Old 12-02-2018, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

I have a heaterbox out and can take pictures tomorrow for you. I believe the ground wire attaches to the back of the factory radio.

Quick Reply: New member...just checking in!