Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons L100, L200, L300, LW200, and LW300

New member...just checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 01:30 AM

Thanks (both of u)! I live in the boonies of northern middle tn...Clarksville is the closest town which borders Ft. Campbell, KY about an hr or so from Nashville, Tn! Where did u live in Tn? I can’t see moving to Florida as being a mistake...winters gotta be way better there anyways! Lol!
Andy has been very helpful so far...super nice too! This Saturn has a ton of issues so I know I will be needing more of his expertise in the future...I’m trying to make it last as long as possible! I’ll certainly try to remember to keep posting! Do u know how long it will take (of not posting) b4 somebody gets the boot?
Andy, I had to remove the same kind of hoses from the heater core on my f150 this past winter to flush the heater core & if I’m not mistaken it had the same clips on it so I shouldn’t have a problem getting them off but if I do, I’ll YouTube it! The Saturn is much lower to the ground tho so I will have to find a shorter container to catch the water/fluid when I do (I’m sure I have something) & from what ur telling me, sounds like I might be able to just replace the o-ring in there to stop the leak rather than the entire hose itself...good to know! I don’t think the pump is leaking but I will check to make sure...I actually noticed the leak when I was under the car following lines to figure out where the cable had come loose on the shifter...it’s definitely coming from that hose at the clip! I also need to check the power steering hoses/lines & gaskets too cuz I have to top off ps fluid every now & then...it needs a tune up for sure too cuz it’s eating oil...like I said...it has issues & those r just a few of them! Whoever had it b4 my mom got it did a very poor job of keeping up maintenance on it!

Old 07-31-2018, 07:12 AM

You might want to get a can of Restore when you do your oil change. That stuff works pretty good to reduce oil consumption. I grew up in Waverly. It's about 60 miles south of Clarksville if you take Highway 13 South. I miss the cold weather in the winter and the change of seasons. All you get here is hot and hotter. It SUCKS. As far as getting booted, you'll be fine after you hit the 10 posts minimum. Derf will see that you have a car with issues and that Andy is helping. All is well.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't cleaned up the user database in nine months. I've noticed that when I don't do it for long periods of time, it's a better reflection of who ever comes back and who are the wununduns. If I accidentally whack your account, my email is at the bottom of my signature

Old 07-31-2018, 10:04 AM

Sweet! Thanks Derf!

Old 07-31-2018, 10:06 AM

That’s pretty cool! I know right where waverly is...I actually right off of hwy 13 in Montgomery co but just a few miles from Dickson co line...like I said “the boonies”! Lol! I’ll definitely get some restore too!

Old 08-01-2018, 09:06 AM

I have a cousin that's retired Army living in Clarksville and another cousin that lives in Dickson. Home, sweet home!

Old 08-01-2018, 04:32 PM

That’s cool! It’s a small world! That’s how my family ended up here too...my dad retired from the army here some 20yrs ago! He got stationed here when I was 9 so I’ve been in this area most of my life...just moved around from one side of town to the other! Lol! When we moved here, my parents bought a house off of exit 19 in Robertson co & then sold it after my brother & I finished high school! I lived in Clarksville for awhile, then Dover for a short time then eventually moved out this way when I met my man 20 yrs ago! He grew up out here & we wanted to raise our kids in the country so we’ve been in the Cunningham (south side) area ever since!

Old 08-02-2018, 07:53 AM

Cunningham? Damn, you ARE in the sticks. LOL I have ex-family in Springfield (long story about wills, inheritance etc.) Anyway, EX-brother and nieces and nephews all in Robertson Co. I sure hope y'all haven't had the misfortune of being acquainted with them Bunch of criminals and losers.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, Rube. Just when I thought I couldn't think any less of of you....😁

Old 08-02-2018, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

You know Derf loves you.

Hope I get to meet you before you suffer the same fate as frosty the snowman.....

Quick Reply: New member...just checking in!