Wrecked car... Sos

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 12:30 PM
Default Wrecked car... Sos

​​​​​Got in a wreck just took some damage to beck driver side wheel and wheel well... What needs replaced? I need to go take wheel off and take pics and start there but just wondering possibilities? All break fluid has leaked around there and wheel needs replaced, probably drum and all that too. What about all the stuff behind there what will need replaced there? It's probably totalled I guess but I am hoping I can just but whatever and have the work done. The axle prolly needs replaced?

Old 07-08-2020, 02:52 PM

I can't see crap. But probably a shock. Check the drum. Control arm. And couldve cracked the caliper or ripped a brake line.
lemme know. I just upgraded to lsj brakes on all 4 corners of my base. And i have some lightly used control arms (less that 10 miles on em.
I probably have everything you need.

And yes. I saw one get totalled last year for a cracked quarter panel and broken tail light.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

If it's raining brake fluid, you likely tore the rubber part of the brake line.

That means things likely got pushed in a bit. If you end up having to replace the entire half axle, it may be easier to buy one that comes w the hub attached which has an integral bearing.

Use the other rear wheel area and suspension for comparison

Old 07-11-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by DropDead
I can't see crap. But probably a shock. Check the drum. Control arm. And couldve cracked the caliper or ripped a brake line.
lemme know. I just upgraded to lsj brakes on all 4 corners of my base. And i have some lightly used control arms (less that 10 miles on em.
I probably have everything you need.

And yes. I saw one get totalled last year for a cracked quarter panel and broken tail light.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Any ideas on what needs replaced judging from the pictures I took after the wheel was taken off? I was basically tboned and my car is in pretty good shape considering but I know the brake line is busted where it enters the drum brake... I ****ing hate drum brakes and don't have any of the necessary tools to make it a lot easier so I don't want to take the drum apart. Anything to avoid that. Or putting a drum together at all... I just want my car running /

​​​​​​

Old 07-11-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kaseykurz
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Any ideas on what needs replaced judging from the pictures I took after the wheel was taken off? I was basically tboned and my car is in pretty good shape considering but I know the brake line is busted where it enters the drum brake... I ****ing hate drum brakes and don't have any of the necessary tools to make it a lot easier so I don't want to take the drum apart. Anything to avoid that. Or putting a drum together at all... I just want my car running /

​​​​​​
Honestly everything looks fine. Shock may slightly be bowed, but it could also be the angle of the picture.
Take the cover off and make sure everything looks fine inside the brake. I hate doing them as well and thats the only thing I'll go to a shop for.
You could probably get away with a new brake line and be good. (I just got some at oreillys for $11 each)
id probably replace the shocks as well just to be safe.
It does look straight and not out of wack

Old 07-12-2020, 07:21 AM

You really need to remove the brake drum and make sure the shoes aren't soaked in brake fluid. If they are, you'll want to replace them. And if the brake line is broken off in the wheel cylinder, how the hell are you going to replace it without getting the broken piece out of the wheel cylinder? Or did the line break off at the fitting? Your pictures are terrible and I can't tell what the hell I'm even looking at.